Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Baby can BABYSIT!

Miss Emma took a 7 hour babysitting course at the Red Cross Headquarters today. She's been watching her cousins every once in awhile, and her baby brother/sisters (this does not include Josh, he babysits himself!) She is very responsible and good with kids . . . and she tries to tidy the homes she tends at, when the kids go to bed. She plans to babysit for families doing church/temple work for free and I'm proud of that decision she's made.

I hope she'll be very busy babysitting, earning money, just like I did at her age. I did it for books, but she'll do it for her expensive fashion habits! I also hope she and the Red Cross will form a wonderful partnership . . . that she'll become a Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructor to put herself through college, just like me, too.

Eliza and I took Miss Rachel shopping for some new swim suits today and had a great time. We also bought the girls matching outfits for their upcoming cousin picture. We've taken the two of them to the photographer every year (except one) and they love that. Seven is such a fun, giggly age. We walked all over and of course, I always walked faster than them, like a mother that needs her ADD meds. I was talking and turned around and Eliza was doing "Talky Hands" at me behind my back. She made me laugh and then I lectured her about hurting my feelings. She's so funny and spunky. And I bit her on the nose, too.

Rachel is going to miss Eliza so much, when she goes with my parents for three weeks this summer! I think we need to talk Eliza's Utah Grandparents into going on an Elderhostel Trip with my parents/kids next summer . . .

2 comments:

Lana said...

my goodness, I can't believe Emma is old enough to baby sit.

Do all your kids go visit your parents for three weeks?

Andrea said...

You have such a wonderful beautiful family. Emma is such a neat girl. Very comendable to babysit kids on Temple nights for free!