Thursday, June 26, 2008

No Country for Old Men

Cormac McCarthy wrote this thriller, No Country for Old Men. It was pretty clean, as far as swearing goes, but thematically, it was disturbing. What else can you expect from a book about a drug war with a sociopathic hit man as a main character? I used to love reading John Grisham books and this reminded me of his style/elements.

No Country for Old Men was made into a movie that won 4 Oscars last year (rated R) . . . I bet it's a good one to "Clean Flix!" It was what it was . . . I don't know how anyone can write more about it than that!

As for me, I'm soaking up the sun, singing campfire songs, watching crazy skits, eating yummy camp food and missing my kids (but only a tiny bit) at Girl's Camp. Check back on TUESDAY for pictures!

1 comment:

utmommy said...

Never read that one. Hope you're having fun!