Tuesday, September 16, 2008

20 Worst Habits: PART ONE

I thought I'd share the worst about me. Maybe these will make you think, "Hey, I'm not too annoying compared to Sarah!"

When I started, I thought I could fit 20 short, terrible habits into one post. As I self reflect, I realize there is enough material here for a month. I'll condense and horrify you over four days.


20. I have distance judging problems, when driving. Last month I knocked over my friend's 2 garbage cans, as I pulled up to her house for piano lessons. I've knocked down stone walls around my driveway and run over landscaping lights. I've never run over a child or animal, so I've got that going for me.

19. I drive FAST. After I drove my Best Friend, Emily, off a cliff as a teenager, you'd think I would have learned. I enjoy the speed too much. I can't stop myself.

18. When I'm ALONE in the car, I turn the stereo up ALL THE WAY and pretend I'm young, again. This is while hitting curbs going WAY TOO FAST. I especially love to peel out of the church parking lot, to show off (I don't think it's working, none of those church types seem impressed and none will go with me in my car, unless I let THEM drive.)

17. I eat WAY TOO MUCH. I still eat like I'm racing the Butterfly Stroke everyday . . . I probably down enough calories to feed a small nation. I've been exercising every day and REALLY trying to watch this little problem, but my greatest temptation in life is food. And lots of it.


16. I drool in my sleep, and let's face it, sometimes I drool drinking from a glass, when I'm awake. I've learned from my fellow drooler, Allison, to ask for a straw at restraunts.

Well, readers . . . Until next time, Drool and Drive like a MANIAC!

13 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

Oh My goodness, you have given me my inspiration for my next series of posts... I am *SO* ripping this idea off (LOL!). Love it, and I totally appreciate the eating like a 16 year old... I'm guilty of that as well :).

Kristi said...

What was the driving off a cliff thing? I too sing at the top of my lungs when I am in the car by myself. I even dance (shameful but true). Sometimes when I am falling asleep I will wake myself up because of my drooling. I use to be a speed demon too, but a $270 ticket curbed my tendencies a bit (the entire state of Nevada is a speed trap).
Summing up, I think you are normal if you do all of those things (at least by my standard.)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...maybe you need to start biking like me! It's good for the speed thing, AND the driving into inanimate objects thing, as well as the losing weight thing. I haven't tested whether it helps with the drool thing or not, but it's always open for debate.

Can't wait to see what habits will top this.

Autumn said...

Wow, that's it. I am never getting into a car with Sarah EV - ER! I am just too much of a rule abider to do the speeding thing. Don't want to have to explain the fine (or really just have to use my spending money to pay for it!). I too want an explaination of driving your best friend off a cliff though. Well, I guess I would get into a car with you if it was a dance party with Krisi - I LOVE to jive in the car to loud music. That's the thing I like least about driving my kids around - I can't play it loud (and Brite tapes at a loud volume just don't cut it anyway).

Anna Winn and Family said...

Can I just say I love your blogs? Ok - I love your blogs. And I want to hear about that story of the cliff - it makes me nervous. Congrats to Rachel and her baptism. That is AWESOME!! She looks so dang cute too.

Unknown said...

LOL, your blogs crack me up-I read it before work-looking forward to the rest of the list!!

Lance and Kim said...

You crack me up--now slow down already! I blast my music when I'm alone too. Especially when I'm driving Lance's car--not even I can pull off cool in the minivan!

Krystal said...

Driving off a cliff? I think I vaguely remember hearing about that? SCARY!! Do you ever get speeding tickets? I used to speed, but then I got too many tickets and my car insurance went way up! I am now about 5 years ticket free. :) Eat and drool all you want, but don't run over any kiddos!

Cindy and Robert said...

I drove off a cliff when I was 16!!!!! Wow the things you find you have in common with people! I was alone though......

Andrea said...

I too wait with baited breath to find out what tops the bad driving and drooling. I didn't know you are a bad driver. You taught me to drive a stick shift, and were a good instructor. Is it the old "those who can't teach" (not that I believe that saying, but its fitting here)?

The deVilleneuves said...

HA! I'm so there. Except the drool thing. But, I'm sure I got one somewhere you don't have. Oh, yeah...that open mouth flappin' in the wind thing replaces your drool thing! Got it.

I love loud music, too. Better to have organized noise in my head than the chatter/clutter that's there when the music shuts down! ;)

Kari said...

You are brave, the first four were not so bad, I think we can all relate, but it makes me wonder what is lurking in the 1 through 15 category.

I think I should let my husband do this post for me, I am sure my definition of my worst habits would be different from his!!

Cynthia said...

Sarah, you crack me up! Well it is official, we must be related, I too-GUILTY. Only I backed over Danny and Peggy Levie's mail box, ran into a ditch, have to change my pillow case often and I even got a speeding ticket in a VW bug!!Life is grand! xoxo