Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ben's Train Park Adventure

Yesterday, I took Ben to a birthday party at the local Train Park. All his friends were there and most of mine . . . it was a fun afternoon! Five of my nieces and nephews were invited, too. I acted like a psycho photographer, but only managed to freak one kid out.

This is my amazing friend, Kristi. She is about 9 months pregnant and the mother of 3 boys under 5. She looks like a supermodel, with children draped about her (and inside her). Apparently this baby is a girl. I'll believe it when I see her.

The moms really liked the train. Most of them went for more than one ride!

Then a couple daddy's showed up, on their lunch hour and the kids really liked that!! This is Aaron, my brother-in-law, with Noah and Mary, Ben's cousins.

Ben enjoyed the frosting on the cake. I didn't let the bald cake go to waste, though. I don't want to be too skinny for my trip to Italy at the end of the week!

Ben clapped for joy, when the train man said they could have ONE MORE RIDE. Marcus, my nephew, held onto his cousin, Mary, to keep her safe on the ride.

I love their little faces, so happy with anticipation for the three tunnels they would scream all the way through!

Damian's sister, Allison and her two cuties (Noah and Mary) enjoyed a few laps around the park on the train.

I caught Miss Pie (my niece) singing "Stinky, Stinky Diaper Change, Boy my sister smells so strange!" (to the tune of Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) Over and over and over. She was very intense about her performance. Until she noticed me taking photos of her.

This is the hand of her stinky baby sister. I doubt anything that perfect could make something stinky, but Pie swears it is so.

Another niece, Elise, and her blue, blue eyes, delighted me with her smiles. I tried rubbing the jelly off her cheeks, but some stuck hard and fast. She's the perfect end to this post, with or without the jelly.

I didn't get any photos of the birthday boy, but HAPPY DAY to you, Ashy!

7 comments:

Kristi said...

That was such a fun party. The kids LOVED it. I was glad to see that I wasn't the only camera freak. All of your pictures look great. Mine were more on the blurry side. All of the kids look so adorable. There are no pictures of YOU. I will have to do a similar post and include my pictures of you as master photographer.
Oh, and thanks for your generous and exaggerated comments about me.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the train park was open any other day but Saturdays and Sundays! They must have reserved it...

Our ward went there last year for a ward activity, and we wanted to make it an annual event, but would you believe, they were booked for the season by the end of May?! So not fair! So we have next September 2009 booked for our 2nd Bi-annual ward party instead. That gives us a whole year to anticipate, to dream, and to charge up all our digital cameras!

(P.S. - 'lvqqlqxb' means 'I think Sarah Idiart is the coolest chick on the planet, and when I grow up I want to be just like her'...in Icelandic. I have it on a very reliable source.)

m+b said...

I wish I was you!!! You have been on SOOO many fun trips!! At least I have two to look forward to in the next few months!

Krystal said...

You really take beautiful pictures that capture kandid moments! I love the baby's hand picture, and Elise's blue eyes and smile, and the licking the frosting off the cake, and the cute kiddos on the train! Oh wait, I loved them all! I also like that song...maybe I'll start singing that to Rachel when I change her diapers. :)

Lance and Kim said...

How fun. I just finished Brycen's birthday invitation we are going to a train park too.

Anonymous said...

I was looking at your comments and wondered what Aaron was doing in there! I had to think that he married Damian's sister. small world- he was roommates with my brother in college! although you probably already knew that:)

Andrea said...

I am totally going to rip off Miss Pie's Stinky Song. That is so great. The train looks fun too.