Friday, December 26, 2008

Rachel has a Recital!

Our darling Rachel had a piano recital Monday night. She played 3 numbers and did an excellent job. She announced her pieces and was very confident and brave in front of quite a large audience. We are so proud of her hard work and great skills!!

Her teacher is my good friend. Rachel really enjoys taking lessons from her, and not having to "share" her with any of her siblings. She is advancing nicely and really enjoys her talent!

On Tuesday night, we were invited to have dessert with friends. Their daughter, "S" is quite a good pianist, also. She and Josh have been practicing a Christmas duet and performed it for us. Hopefully, Josh and "S" will get a chance to play another duet together in church. They did a great job.

I was so impressed. It really is very hard to stay together during a duet. I've been teaching my niece to play piano and I can hardly do the duets with her. . . if I mess up, then I get lost, if she goes off tempo, then I mess up and then get I lost. And flustered. I really hate playing piano, it's too much for my nerves! I really was impressed with how well both Rachel and Josh did in performing duets. They both have a good ear and fancy fingers (and great partners!!)

3 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Rachel and Josh - I'm so proud of you for your piano talent! Plus all the hard work and practice you put into playing well. You'll be so glad when you are adults and can play the piano in church! And Rachel, your hair looks so pretty in these pictures! I like all the curls! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I tried to call, but no one was near the phone (or you weren't home). We love you all!!

Andrea said...

How sweet! I think piano playing talant must be in their DNA.

Krystal said...

Wow! You have such beautiful AND talented children! I would love to hear Rachel and Josh play the piano some day.