Saturday, March 28, 2009

Emma is TWELVE!!

This is my adorable oldest, Emma Suzanne. She was 4 in these photos, but today she is 12!! She has grown so much and is such a wonderful young woman. Yesterday was her actual birthday and she had her FIRST SLEEPOVER. She's slept at a very limited amount of friends/families houses, but this is the first time she had a group of friends sleep at our house. I had my trepidation, but it has been a blast.


I am pleasantly surprised at Emma's friends. It appears that she's found a group of girlfriends at school that have parents as strict as I am. They spent some time trying to decide who's parents were the most strict last night, comparing when they'll be allowed to read TWILIGHT, watch PG-13 movies, talk to boys on the phone, etc. I'm glad to know that she has friends with parents that set limits. She had 2 school friends and 2 church friends over and all of them are well behaved and FUN. I stayed up until midnight, laughing at their antics. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of their skits, charades, and games. I did take some this morning of their home-made mask inventions:

Natalia (banana oatmeal), Sarah (avacado lime), Aven (strawberry banana), Emma (strawberry oatmeal) and Jordan (banana lime)

They laughed so hard as the masks they applied fell all over their clothes/the floor. I just followed behind with a mop.

When they washed the masks off, they all stroked each others faces, declared themselves genius mask makers and wrote down each other's "recipes." Pretty cute stuff.

It has been fun having these girls over. They all had a great time together and I hope we'll be hosting more birthday sleepovers in the years to come. I like the way 12 year olds act. And I like the taste of the strawberry banana mask.

15 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

Tell Emma Happy Birthday from us! Hopefully when you are up this way next we can get her and Kelsey together.

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday to Emma!! I didn't know Emma's birthday was on March 28...that's the same day as my dad's birthday. I wrote a birthday tribute for him on my blog today, if you want to read it and see baby pictures of him!! :)

Kristy Swenson said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet Emma!! That's fun that you had a sleepover! My first birthday sleepover was when I turned 10 years old, and it was at Suzanne's. Hope you had a good birthday. When you come to Utah, let's have a sleepover, k?!? :) love you!!

Anna Winn and Family said...

I just LOVE her hair as a little girl. Wow. Mine is pin straight. What a brave mom you are to have a bunch of girls over!

Leslie said...

Time has flown by! I remember when you were pregnant with her. Happy Birthday cute girl.

suzy said...

Post the recipe of the one that takes away wrinkles and acne while improving skin tone and reducing pores.

Elaine Goold said...

Your party looks so fun, Emma! Happy Happy Birthday to my favorite 12 year old! Love you, Grandma

m+b said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA SUE!! We are so sorry we forgot to call you!! We hope you still love us though! Love Uncle Mike and Aunt Becca.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Emma!!! I can't believe she is 12. The home made facials are such a cute idea. How fun!

Anonymous said...

WHOOP, WHOOP!!!! She's an official Beehive now! I can't wait for camp and getting this girl really, super dirty and into the lake and really get Girls Camp in her blood! Congratulations, Sarah, on lasting this long! Now the real work begins....ADOLESCENCE!

Cynthia said...

Happy Birthday Emma! What a beautiful young woman she is.
Sarah, your Grandma Jeri told me that there is only one thing harder than having 2 toddlers, and that is having 2 teenagers!!
You have a darling family, can't wait to see you all in July! Love ya, Aunt Cynthia

Aselya said...

Happy birthday Emma. You are such an adorable young woman.Luv u, Asel

Aselya said...

Happy birthday Emma. You are such an adorable young woman.Luv u, Asel

Kristi said...

I haven't checked you blog in a while. This was such a fun one to come upon. I think Emma is so great. She reminds me of you SO much. This posting took me back to my adolescent years. Fun stuff!

Aunt Val said...

Wow, two teenagers!!! You and Damian "must" be great parents, to have so many smiles, on your blog. I love your masks. So, who does have the strictest of the strict parents? Happy belated Birthday Emma. Love you, Aunt Val and Uncle John