Sunday, October 18, 2009

"Ketchup" on our Utah Trip!

I never finished posting about our 3 week trip to Utah. Click Here to read the first week highlights. Stay tuned for 2 more posts to finish out the "series."

Emma went to a BYU Volleyball Camp and stayed in the dorms for almost a whole week. I snapped this right before we took her home. She's with her "counselor." She had a great time and learned a lot. I attribute the fact that she made 7th Gr. Varsity to her time at BYU.

These are the girls Emma shared a bathroom with. She roomed with a girl from home, but hung out with these girls her age from Highland, Utah. I think we're related to the one in the pink shirt, Rachel Asay. I need to talk to her parents and find out. They're all still good friends and Emma hopes to go to camp with them next year! They text each other a few times a week.

While Emma was busy, we played with our Davies cousins. Damian's dad's cousin Valerie is just a few years younger than us. Her 4 kids are the same ages as ours. We love them, they're such great kids. We had a few sleepovers and day trips and truly enjoyed them. In this picture are the boys: Spencer, Benjamin, Tanner and Josh.

I took the kids to a great community pool/water park in Lehi to meet up with my BF from High School, Emily, and her girls. I'm including pictures of her family in my LAST Utah post! Ben enjoyed being silly with this Frog. Reminds me of a pictures of myself . . . taken 17 years ago!

After a fun day at the pool and Chuck E. Cheese's, we went back to Grandma Ashton's for a camp-out. Aren't these girls so cute together? Katrina enjoyed swapping clothes with Jordan, the first cousin she's met that's HER AGE! She was in heaven! In this photo, they could be twins. They really do look a lot alike!

The boys camped outside and I couldn't resist moving Josh's fingers 2 mm to pose his hand with Tanner's. They didn't really "hold hands" while sleeping, but they are VERY good friends, so maybe next time??

The girls chickened out and came inside to sleep. McKenzie and Rachel looked so cute in all their blonde splendor, I had to take a pic.

The next morning, we met their mom and hiked the Y. Val had never done it, if I remember right and I hadn't done it since '93! It was much harder than I thought and luckily, we started pretty early, so we missed hiking in the HEAT.

Josh, Rachel, McKenzie and Katrina on the Y.

Ben, on the Y, enjoying the view of Utah Valley.

Katrina looking at BYU campus from the Y.

These boys, Spencer, Tanner and Josh are CRAZY! I just couldn't watch them too closely, for fear that they'd fall off the mountain. Boys will be boys!

Here we all are together! Right before Damian and I married, I was roommates with Val for a few months. She took good care of me . . . she cooked, she cleaned, she helped me address my wedding invites. She was a good friend and a good "mother" to me. I love being around her, I count her as one of my dearest friends and wish we could be neighbors! We've known each other for 13 years and have 9 kids, combined! WOW!

The next morning, we met with the Davies again and went to Seven Peaks Water Park. It was a blast! My parents and sister Briana and brother Eric drove up to go with us, too. The kids had a great time hanging out with my family. Grandpa is CRAZY on the waterslides!

Emma got to go two afternoons to the Water Park. Once with her volleyball camp and once with us. She enjoyed it a bunch! What a cutie!


After a full day of sun (notice Rachel's burn line!) the kids are tired out. We left to come home to Oregon soon after this. We sure had a good time!

1 comment:

Brandan and Becky said...

Katrina looks like she's about to slide right off the mountain! Gorgeous photos of your hike and good work getting everyone up and back again.