Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The End of Childhood

My Emma turns 13 this week. She'll officially be an teenager and I'll officially be OLD. I've earned all these gray hairs! I wanted to publish these pics that my friend Kate Watkins took a few years ago. I think she and Jim came to visit us 3 years ago, so Emma must have been 10. She's grown so much, but she's still the sweet girl I love.

Emma may be a Daddy's Girl, but she'll be MY daughter forever. I wanted an oldest daughter so badly and the Lord blessed me with Emma. She's a good friend, although she doesn't really realize it yet. She makes me laugh and she gives me a hard time. She makes me look at myself realistically. She keeps me honest . . . there's no 'embellishing' a story when I'm teaching in Young Women, with her around! She's so fun and I love being her mom. She doesn't let me hug her much anymore, so I catch my moments when I can!

I think this is a super tender photo of us. I don't think I even knew Kate took it! I'd better give Emma a framed copy for her birthday or a magnetized one, for her locker. I don't want her to ever forget how much I love her!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

You have a beautiful girl. Lucky Mommy and lucky daughter!
Love you.

Annette said...

Happy Birthday, Emma. You are a beautiful young woman.

utmommy said...

I love that last picture. SO precious! Emma is a sweet girl. M just loves her!

Elaine Goold said...

Happy 13th Birthday, sweet Emma! Grandpa and I love you so much! (We love your cute mom, too!)

Hope your birthday is wonderful!