Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Movie-Star Kids!

Tonight we had a really fun opportunity. The local Children's Musical Theatre of Oregon performed "High School Musical" last year. Disney/ABC saw it on utube and called the director, wanting to come out and film the cast doing it again, for a reality show, this summer. In less than a week, the camera crews were here. The play was filmed tonight. The audience was encouraged to be LOUD and cheer, sing, dance, etc. There was a lot of energy and it was very fun

Emma, Josh, Rachel and I went down at 5:15 and waited in line, Emma was REALLY hoping to be interviewed on TV. The interviewer stopped at a group of people near me and asked them if they had any kids in the production (NO). He then asked if they'd seen the movie, "High School Musical" Again, the answer was NO. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked if he would interview my daughter. He hesitated (I must have looked LESS-"L.A." than usual) and said, "Well, is she shy?" Emma ran up and said, "No! I'm not shy! What do you want me to say?!"

We signed away the farm and took photos, so they could match us to our interview/forms and then Emma "practiced what she's say" for about 45 minutes. Finally, the camera crew came over and SHE DID GREAT! She was ready. She'd packed a purse for "Her Big Break!" She'd put on makeup, combed her hair, changed into a HS Musical Tee shirt and had some new sunglasses perched on her head (even though it was cloudy, windy and about 45 degrees outside!). I borrowed a camera from a friend (of a friend of a friend), and when I figure out how, I'll get those pictures to post!

A few minutes after her interview the man found her and said, "Your interview was GREAT! We need to find your mom and get some forms signed." (He didn't recognize her from before she broke out her make-up bag!) We assured him that we were "Legal" and Emma was on cloud nine. She keeps saying, "This might be my big break, Mom!" and "I can't wait to tell my friends I'll be on TV!" I keep assuring her she MIGHT be on TV and to keep it humble! She is so cute.

During the show, she sat with some friends, and I sat with my sister-in-law, Tea, her daughter, Bosom BFF, and my Rachel. Bosom BFF is a dancing machine. As the numbers were performed, BBFF would stand up and sing along, dance like a rubber-band maniac and cat-call like nobodies business. She ran up to the stage, for the closing number, and she may have been filmed too. Josh and his buddies were up at the stage, too . . and of course, Miss Movie-Star, Emma, with her sunglasses still perched on her head, was front and center!

One parting thought. Right before her interview, Emma said, "Hurry Mom, give me my purse, I need it to look cool!" I am definitely enrolling her in some drama classes, and enjoying the start of her teen-age years. Heaven help us all!

Stay tuned, and don't forget to watch for MY MOVIE-STAR KIDS in July!

3 comments:

Beka said...

Oh Sarah, I just read as many posts as I could on your blog, laughed repeatedly, and wished we lived closer. I'm so glad you're writing a blog. I'll be back soon!

utmommy said...

My girls would've LOVED something like that. How fun!!

Leslie said...

Sarah,

I can't believe Emma is so grown up!! You'll have to let us know if she makes it to the small screen so we can watch her! :)

Les