Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Table Rock BIKINI

OK, Remember that photo of the Table Rock Mountain, taken from my backyard? Today I climbed it, with Rachel's 2nd grade class . . . it's only a 5 mile round trip hike, but my body feels like I hiked 10!

Yeah right, if I hiked 10, I'd be dead.

It was great, I learned a ton (we had a BLM tour guide along). Even though it snowed lightly, misted a little and Rachel forgot a jacket, so she used mine A LOT and I had none, it was fine. I'm from Alaska, remember? I really wish I would have listened to the teacher and dressed in layers, though. I'll remember next month when I hike it again with Josh's 3rd grade class. Of course, with the crazy weather we've been having, it will probably be 100 degrees for his hike! Maybe I'll make my bottom layer a bikini.

NOTE TO SELF: Buy a bikini by May 1st for Hike. Can use on my cruise to clear ships deck of innocent bystanders . . .

I enjoyed hanging with my Best Pal, Julie (in the first photo). The second is of her daughter, Rachel's cousin and Rach. . .all best friends in the same class at school.

3 comments:

utmommy said...

I'd be dying on a hike too. Our weather has been so crazy here too. Warm one day, snowing the next. What's up with that?

youreprettytoo said...

Love you Sarah! and I would love to see the bikini bottom layer!

The deVilleneuves said...

Great hike! Looks like it was a good day, overall. I know it's not nearly as nice a hike when you're miserably hot! Glad you are getting trek ready! Fun stuff.

Oh, and I liked the music choices, too. I learned the "popular" song from Wicked last year at girls camp, so that one sticks in my head as very funny. Thanks for sharing!