Sunday, May 18, 2008

Epcot Magic


We met my Best Childhood Friend, Jenny, at Epcot Today. It has been 9 years since I've seen her and it was such a fun reunion. She met my crazy husband and I enjoyed getting to know hers more. I hope we see each other again, in LESS than 9 years!! Notice, she still has those cute dimples!

I love that Damian works with his brothers. He loves them so much and is truely happy when he's with them. They have so much fun being silly together. Mostly, Jared is silly and Damian is cracking up so much, he stops breathing!!


We girls have our share of loud laughter. Especially yesterday, laughing at our husbands and when we all doggie-piled inside the sharks mouth!

More Idiart Men Antics! Actually, Aaron isn't an Idiart, but we're trying to convert him. He really should just change his name. We visited Great Britain and the guys tried to call their mommy, but the phone was a fake.

Florida is very muggy, but we've been blessed the last two days with partly overcast weather.
When the sun came out, everyone would head to a sprinkler to get "misted."

Those cute gals in the middle have known each other for 27 years . . . and didn't they marry well? Their mothers must be so proud.


This is Damian and I, in Italy. Epcot has mini-countries from all over the world and it reminded me of a more classy VEGAS. Very fun.

We're so glad JusTea and Tea made it! Life is more fun with them!

Aaron & Allison are so adorable!


We really had a great time on the rides and wished the Epcot had more!!



But who needs rides when you have men that pull crazy stunts, like teen-agers. They pretended to be statues for quite a while, until Allison and I knocked them over!


And now, some commentarty that has nothing to do with DisneyWorld!

I loved aspects of Jenny's life, as a kid. She was the baby of her family, I was the oldest of 7. So hanging out at her house seemed to have a little more freedom, than mine, and no little "Kids" to BUG us. Her Big Sister and Brother were really cool, her mom let me eat as much sugar cereal and brown sugar, packed onto a spoon, that I wanted. Her dad was funny and could talk like Donald Duck. Plus Jenny had STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE DOLLS, and a MONCHICHI. I loved those dolls, but I adored that Monchichi. Sometimes Jenny would let me borrow it overnight and I would pretend it was mine. I almost bought myself one yesterday, but then I realized I'm middle aged, and nothing I do now can change the fact that I was deprived as a kid. Plus, my kids would fight over it. So I took a picture and now, I'll just pretend that ALL those Monchichis are MINE!!

6 comments:

utmommy said...

Looks like you guys are having such a wonderful time!

maggie moran said...

That's what one needs growing up, an opposite best friend. My parents were real strict when it came to food and my BFF could eat nachos and salsa. It was heaven!

I'm doing the first of 5 contests for the autographed Mudbound books. Go here if you would like to play.

emily said...

I am glad you are having so much fun! It was great to see pictures of Jenny. I hope that she is doing well. Tell her hello from me.

Mandy said...

Ok, we Watkins are officially jealous of this vacation. Can the next cruise include us? It looks like you are having the best time -have some fun for us too!
Love, Mandy

Andrea said...

How fun! I especially love the statue thing. Just proves that all men are really 12 on the inside (and who would want it any different).

Elaine Goold said...

Jeez Louise! I am SO SORRY I didn't buy you one of those monkey things and you were SO DEPRIVED!!! And I'm so glad you had Jenny and Emily to have fun with and grow up with and I'm glad you've stayed friends all these years! What the heck were those monkey things anyway? - I don't remember anything about them! I loved all the funny pictures you took!!! Are they all on shutterfly also?