Tuesday, May 20, 2008

We be in Da Bahamas, Mon!



We left Florida on Sunday afternoon and have visited two islands in the Bahamas. I didn't take photos on the first island, the day we traveled around by scooter. Today we were in Nassau and I took a bunch. It's 12:30am and I've left the ship to find a hotspot. The connection is slow, so I can only upload a few.



One of my favorite things about the ship is the maid service. I love having my room tidied up! In the evenings, when I'm at dinner, the man leaves me a towel creation. This elephant is my favorite, but I've also had a seal and a turtle. Christine has had a dog and a pig. Very cute stuff. I'm thinking about bringing that little maid man home in my suitcase.


After a long day snorkeling, hiking, swimming and pool hopping, we look burnt and sweaty, but here we are . . . the Idiart ladies! That reef above my hat is where I stood, feeding a swarm of bright blue/yellow fish that swarmed me. They nipped at the hermit crabs I picked up off the ocean floor, and one nipped my leg!

That evening, Christine and I chanced upon a Lion Fish, with poisonous barbs that isn't skittish, like most fish. Luckily, I didn't try and touch that one, like I had been trying to do with the other fish, or I would be in a Bahamanian Hospital right now!




I love this shot of JusTea & Jared in the hot tub! We don't need booze to have fun! Their wives made me cut them out of the photo . . .



We've eaten so much Bahamanian food, mostly fried fish . . . that we went out to Mexican tonight, at Senor Frog's!



Aaron, Damian and Jared, waiting for dinner. We ALMOST stayed to dance, but the crowd was partying too hard for our taste! Luckily, we didn't and now I'm sitting outside the ship writing to you! We sail all day tomorow, but get back to Florida Thurs. morning, so I'll try and post again!



I know it's a bitter pill to swallow, all of us, lazing about in the Bahamas. . . but Jared has managed to eat that pill, at the end of this perfect day in Nassau.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I don't know which picture is my favorite, the vampire in the hot tub or the giant swallowing the sun (perfect shot btw). It looks like you are having so much fun. I possibly, maybe, wish I could trade a day with you. Like maybe today.

utmommy said...

Looks like so much fun!!!

Steph said...

I love the picture of the sun!! Looks like so much fun!! LUCKY!! :)