Friday, May 9, 2008

Summer Reading

Hey Y'All! Damian's cousin inspired me to try this online book club . . . I've always liked Southern Writers and now I'm going to read MORE in the hopes of winning some pecans. Sounds kinda weird, but hey, FREE STUFF??!! Here's the link, if you want to join me!

http://maggiereads.blogspot.com/2008/05/southern-reading-challenge-yall.html

I read a ton, probably 2-4 books a week, (so maybe over 5 years, it's an actual TON of books!) Mostly I read stuff from the kids section . . . I can read it fast AND recommend it to my kids. I'm going to post ADULT books I read that are CLEAN on this shelf, so it may take awhile to fill. I end up trying lots of recommended books and returning them half-way through because they are full of junk.

5 comments:

maggie moran said...

Yea! Thanks for joining and I hope you do win those pecans. :D

Lana said...

FUN! The books I choose I haven't read yet so I don't know if I can recommend them. My number one fav Southern Author book is "To Kill A Mockingbird" it has such a tremendous sense of place and time and is a compelling story. Besides that Atticus Finch is such a rich character and such a good role model. He has integrity and courage. I love him.

I love Fannie Flagg, every book of hers I've ever read has been fun to read and funny.

Also I like Barbara Kingsolver, The Poisonwood Bible might be my fav...it is not set in the south however.

Can't wait to see what you pick.

m+b said...

Hey Sarah! Yeah I guess I forgot to mention where we work haha! We work at the Ramda Inn at the front desk. We just check people in, answer all their questions about where to eat and what to do and listen to them complain!! But it's nice. We have a lot of down time so we can do homework and study. I got Mike a job like a month ago because everyone is quiting and we need help!! But its a great job I've been there just over a year now! Oh and I had a fabulous idea! Next time you go on vacation Mike and I will have to come babysit!!! That would be so much fun!! So if you dont have someone to babysit keep us in mind :)

utmommy said...

Yeah for reading. I think I'm going to do this challenge too!

Leslie said...

How in the heck do you read so many books in a week? Please tell me you have a housekeeper or something!!