Saturday, May 10, 2008

Date Night Vs. New Book

Damian and I religiously go on a date night EVERY Friday Night. It is a pleasure I look forward to each week and I very selfishly guard my RIGHT! But, since we're going on a trip together next week, I asked him to take Josh and his 2 best friends to "Speed Racer" and I stayed home with the girls (and Ben). I watched the end of Sense and Sensibility (I'm on a Jane Austen Kick) while I folded 3 loads of laundry and then I started a new book at 7:30 pm.

I fell in love instantly and was enjoying my date night with Fannie Flagg, a REALLY GREAT SOUTHERN AUTHOR. I was still reading when Damian got home at 9:30, and stayed up to finish the book until midnight. Can't Wait to Get to Heaven is full of quirky, funny, true-to-life characters. The message was sweet and powerful. I absolutely loved it and can't wait to read the other 6 Fannie Books on my trip. I hope I can make time for Damian! If you want to laugh out loud, during a CLEAN book (there are about 20 light swear words, but nothing else objectionable!) go check this one out, and Tiff, you can borrow my copy for the cruise!

2 comments:

Lance and Kim said...

I am always looking for great books thanks for the post. Have you heard Stephenie Meyer has a new book out. I just bought it last night and haven't had much time to read it yet--its called The Host and it is suppose to be a book for "adults."

JG said...

You skipped Speed Racer for some girly Jane Austen movie? You really missed out...