Monday, May 26, 2008

The Promised Speedo & Video


As you know, we were in the Bahamas last week. Our first day was spent on the island of Grand Bahama, and we rode scooters to the Lucayan National Park, 30 miles from our ship. Part of the park is a beautiful white sand beach.


We had the beach all to ourselves until some Speedo-Wearing-Germans showed up, as we were leaving! Some people are very confident about their bodies, and some crop everything from the shoulders down. Here is your promised Speedo! Sorry, Jared was all talk and didn't really have one! And Aaron never showed his birthday suit, like he threatened! So all you get is the German.



The water was warm,




The snorkeling was good,



And the starfish bras were plentiful!


We visited the Epcot Center, before the Bahamas. When Damian leaves the stress of his office behind for a few days, and hangs around his carefree, happy-go-lucky brother, Jared. . .he reverts back to the boy I fell in love with, our freshman year of college (One part obnoxious, one part hilareous and ten parts cute). I hope when we retire, we live next door to Jared. Or maybe Jim & Kate. Jim has the same effect on Damian.


In this video, Damian is dancing along the paths of Epcot. And I'm giggling, like a silly school girl, forgetting that I had to go to the bathroom, as my friend Jenny reminds me at the end! You can see Jared, ahead of Damian. He's crazily approaching people's personal space, then "swerving" to miss them. What a goofball. Our yearly family ADULT vacation is one of my favorite times of the year. I laugh so hard, it rejuvenates me for the upcoming 12 months!

6 comments:

utmommy said...

Oh my gosh, those guys crack me up. I love 'em so much!

Mandy said...

Okay, I especially love that you are laughing so hard that you have forgotten that you need to go to the bathroom. At the end of the video, someone (Tiffany?) reminds you, "Sarah, there's a bathroom" and you say, "oh, yeah." Now that's hilarious!

Bobvila said...

Soooo Funny! I can't believe I haven't met you guys yet! We have to have a vacation together! Ken Bo says he misses the fun times from freshman year with Jim and Damian.

Andrea said...

OK, I am glad that I can be the first to comment on the little wall jump. I mean, the bathroom thing was funny, but lets be honest here, who didn't rewind the wall jump at least 3 times?

Paul Levie said...

loving it

Elaine Goold said...

Oh how fun to see Jenny! She looks good, huh? And Damian is so crazy - so unihibited! What a serious highcouncilman, he is!! I played it over and over trying to hear Jenny tell you there is a bathroom, but I could never hear that. Tell her hi for me! I did enjoy your cute giggles though!