Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Grandma is HERE!

My mom arrived yesterday! It's been great having her here, she's really fun and my kids adore her.

She's sewn 3 bonnets for the trek, vacuumed my house and cleaned all the kids bedrooms.

And did I mention the laundry? Check! Did that too.

She babysat while I did errands and took Josh to Piano. Tomorrow I leave for Girl's Camp and she'll watch the kids during the day.

She's promised not to feed them soda for each meal, like my dad did. But she wouldn't commit to 'No Ice Cream'. She flat out refused. And the kids all cheered and gave her a standing ovation.

She's playing games with them now, they each get to pick one. The video shows Ben's choice, the older kids are choosing board games. So that should take at least 2 hours!

HIP HIP HOORAY For MOM!!

Please don't ever leave me again.

WHAT? You're going home on Monday?

As long as you take over 50% of my kids with you, you can go.

WHAT? You will?! GREAT! And can you keep them for 3 weeks, at least?

YOU CAN??!! You're the best mom in the whole world!!

(Don't forget to pause my music, to enjoy all the screaming and laughing!)

4 comments:

m+b said...

I can't wait for you kids to come!! I don't know how much we will really be able to see them but I'm quite excited!!! Have fun at girl's camp! I bet your the funnest leader!! What lucky girls!!

Lana said...

you and your mom look so much alike. So cute both of you :)

gooldylocks said...

HEY!!!!! that is my song that i downloaded while i was out your house. When did your heart go missing by rooney. i miss mom. but im gonna be wwoofing soon so i wont be able to get a hold of you or the family very easy but if you email me i will email you back just as soon as i can. me and briana are both uber excited about it i will get to travel alone and be on my own mom is freaking out ''my baby is independent oh no how awful'' haha i bet you cant wait till benny grows up and becomes independent. well i love you and hope to hear from you when i am on my travels first genova then venice then florence then maybe bologna and then rome and pompeii and sicily im gonna see it all baby. haha love you sarah. love eric your little bro.

Andrea said...

Eric has a Blog now?! How fun. Watching that video, I kept thinking Benny was going to pick on Grandma every time. What a bunch of cuties you have.