Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer Swim Lessons

Summer has officially started! Yesterday, my friends opened their pool and they're kind enough to let me borrow it for swim lessons.

Picture a bunch of bloodshot eyes . . . the smell of coconut lotion . . . Can you see that we're all totally exhausted? You know, the best way to tire kids out is to force them to hang around the pool for 2 hours a day! The time spent shivering . . . the sun . . . it all wears them down to little, quiet stubs.

I'm re-living my glory days as a 17 year old and teaching lessons 2 days a week. Of course, back then, I made $18 a hour and now, I'm doing it BASICALLY for free. Also, back then I looked good in a swim suit and now, well, we just won't go there. Now, more than half my class lives WITH me and calls me "Mom", but I'm OK with that. I'd rather they see me in my swim suit than the general public, anyway.

I love cracking the whip on my kids, my nieces/nephews and a few friend's kids. I have 4 classes, with a total of 18 students. One friend is swapping swim lessons for piano lessons (for Rachel and Emma). Another will be giving Josh painting lessons, in exchange for swim lessons for her boys. I'm stoked about my sweet deals and thrilled to be off-loading my kids on someone else a few hours a week!

I'll post some video of my kids swimming, soon!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

How fun! Olivia needs swim lessons. I wish you lived close enough to teach her :(

Paul Levie said...

Nice, crack that whip. Ariana starts swim lessons in a week and she is totally stoked right now, probably doesn't know what it entitles at all.