Friday, July 25, 2008

My Baptism Day

The totally nerdy kid is me, in 1982, with my VERY YOUNG, ADORABLE Parents!! This day was a very joyful one for me. In my faith, kids are able to choose to be baptized at 8 years old, and this was my baptism day. I am so thankful for that decision! It has affected every day of my life, since.


My dad baptized me and I'm very grateful for his fine example. I'm thankful for my mom, and all her efforts to teach me the gospel. I know that the fullness of Jesus Christ's church was restored to the earth through the Prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the promises I made with my Heavenly Father on that day, 26 years ago, have blessed my live beyond measure.



I love this photo, my cute little toes stretching, testing the water (it was warm!) I love that to be baptized, we are dressed all in white, to symbolize purity. I love my giganto-glasses. Did I get baptized in those? My mom can't remember. I do remember her being right there, as I came up, out of the water, to wrap me in a big towel. And I remember feeling so clean and pure. Today, I will carry a special prayer of thanksgiving for this day, so long ago.

7 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Okay, my so-so memory has brought this up: you weren't baptized in your glasses, cute girl. We posed the photos of you getting into the water before the actual baptism ceremony began, and the photo of you with your dad before. The one with your dad and I was after your baptism. Your baptism day was very special for us too. We love you!

The deVilleneuves said...

Ummmm...you were baptised at 8, and you said, "the promises I made that day, 16 years ago...". So, you're 24??

Nice try, missie!

SevenVillageIdiarts said...

OK, thanks for catching that! I'm always trying to pretend I'm younger, but that is a stretch!

Lance and Kim said...

How sweet--you look so much like your mom! I have a picture of your husband from my baptism day--he was about twelve.

lashell said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog

Leslie said...

Did you get baptized with your glasses on? You are adorable. Happy day of reflection!

Larsen's said...

What sweet pictures! And I love your glasses...