Thursday, July 24, 2008

Date with Mamma Mia!

My mom and I went to the movies last night. She has helped me so much with my kids this summer, it's the least I could do. Of course, she paid. And then she took me out to ice cream, after.

I saw this play on Broadway in NYC last spring, and I went to see the movie 4 days ago, on opening night in Anchorage, with Emily. I love ABBA and I love musicals. This movie is getting mixed reviews, but I loved it. I have got to go to Greece now, after "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "Mamma Mia!"

I bought the soundtrack and now my kids are learning these songs, to add to their Broadway Showtunes repertoire. I don't think "Mamma Mia" tunes will replace our ultimate favorite, "Wicked," but it is fun to hear Ben sing, "Mamma Mia, Here I go again, My, My, how can I mist you?!"

5 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Thanks for inviting me to the movies, cute girl. I had fun! I'll be singing those ABBA songs for months to come!!

Elaine Goold said...

oh yeah! And I'm planning a Greek vacation! Or at least an Italian one!!! And can Pierce Brosnan come?

Beka said...

We really need to get together so we can belt out "Defying gravity" and "Popular." Come on, it's the only wicked music we like.

I'm glad to get the Mamma Mia recommendation from you. I was wondering if I should see it or not. Now I know.

Clark and Kaycee said...

I went to see this the other night with my mom and loved it! We didn't stop laughing the whole time.

pinkelephant said...

Oh my goodness, I love, love, LOVE this movie!!! I too bought the soundtrack and have been listening to it in the car. My 5yrs old girl is starting to sing and dance to Voulez-Vous with me! I will purchase this DVD and will show some parts to the kids since it is so fun!(not the riskee part of course ;-) I am planning on going to watch it again when it comes to the $1 theater.

I wish I got to know you better when you lived closer.