Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Miss August(s)

My two beautiful baby girls have birthdays this week. We'll be camping when they ACTUALLY have birthday's, so we had their parties early. Katrina will turn 6 and Rachel, 8.

They are wonderful blessings in our lives and we couldn't be prouder of the fine young women they are growing up to be.

This "binkies/baba" picture with Rachel rubbing Katrina's ear says it all: They are good friends that enjoy doing things together. How they've grown! Oh, it also "says" that their mother dressed them like gypsies.

I love my sweet little angels! They are still just as sweet as the day they wore their Scottish National Costumes. (It was Christmas time, I think?!)

Just to redeem myself, for the way I've always dressed them in hand-me downs, I am taking them to THE MALL to each get one outfit for school. They are so excited. We are going to JUSTICE, which apparently is where Hannah Montana shops or something. So there you go.

I took Emma to get a pair of purple sparkly jeans for her first day of Kindergarten, a LONG time ago, at the mall. Someone complimented her on them. When they asked where she got them, she replied, "Good Will . . . in the MALL!!" To her, all clothes came from Good Will, it was just a matter of which location. So obviously, we've moved up in the world. The two little girls get a WHOLE OUTFIT from the Mall!

5 comments:

Amber said...

I love the picture of your girls!!! I read One True Thing by Anna Quindlen. It was very good....there was some swearing. The topic of the book hit close to home. I do recommend it if you are looking for a book to read. I have it if you'd ever like to borrow it. I am looking for some good books to read....any that you would recommend?

Elaine Goold said...

Happy Birthday my two cute little sweethearts! I love you both so very much and hope you have fun camping on your birthdays! I love the photos your mom put on her blog of you two as little tiny girls! You have loved each other your whole lives! Did you know your birthdays make a sandwich around Grandpa's and my anniversary? 28 29 30 There is my anniversary right in the middle of your birthdays. Do you know how long we have been married? It is always one year more than how old your mom is. She is 34, so we have been married for 35 years! Yikes!! When she is 59, we will have been married for 60 years!

I sure do love you both!! See you soon! Love, Grandma Elaine

Krystal said...

I love the cute pictures of your two birthday girls when they were younger. So cute! That's pretty exciting to shop at the MALL...Happy Birthday Rachel and Katrina!

m+b said...

Tell those two little sweethearts that uncle Mike and almost aunt Becca wish them a VERY happy birthday!! We can't wait to see you guys in November!! Love you all

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Girls! Don't tell my girls where Hanna shops, or I won't be able to get them to wear walmart clothes anymore!