Tuesday, October 7, 2008

20 Worst Habits: PART THREE

OK, we have made it to my Top Ten Worst Habits. The ones last week were nothing compared to these. You thought I was more normal, didn't you? Sorry to disappoint!

10. I snore. Not such a bad thing, right? WRONG!! When I went camping in Alaska with my Best Friend and she bought earplugs, AFTER ONE NIGHT, for the rest of the trip. . . that was telling. Or how about Girl's Camp, when I was sleeping in a cabin with 4 other women and they ALL begged earplugs off another lady for the week. Hmmmm.

9. I make my kids work hard. My nephew, SpideyHulkMr.Incredible, was over last month and Josh had just finished his first art lesson. Josh complained that he wasn't as good a painter as his teacher's son. My nephew explained the reason, "That's because his mom is an artist. Your mom is a . . . " and he paused to think: "A Make-Kids-Work-All-Day Mom!" Thank you Spidey, for this little insight into my life. Now, if I did this work thing, just to teach the kids a strong work ethic, it would be excusable. I admit, I've bred this CLEANING CREW to save me time and money.

8. I am OCD. I get obsessed and act compulsive: Twilight, blogging, pepperocinis . . . once I find something I like, I sink my teeth into it like a rabid dog and I don't let go. There is a wonderful quote by a prophet in my church that says, "When you put God first, all other things fall into their proper place or drop out of your life." My problem is, when I get obsessed, I put my newest obsession first and laundry, cooking, nose and bottom wiping and sleeping drop out of my life. I guess what the prophet is teaching me is that if I'd put God first, I wouldn't get so darn obsessive about stuff.

(Mental Note to self, go read scriptures and ponder/pray after finishing this post!)

7. I'm a Book-AHOLIC. When I start a good book, I obsess all day over it, just waiting to take it to bed or the bath. That sounded a little weird, didn't it? My family doesn't hear from me again until I've finished it. Usually, I wait until everyone else is asleep and then I read all night. I wish I had more self control! It is so hard functioning the next day with a book hangover!

6. I'm a hoarder. I moved into a home 4x the size of my last one and have filled it to the seams in 2 years. I have an 1000 square foot attic that is full, also! I have everything my mom's ever wanted to get rid of, too. If you need anything: props, costumes, craft supplies, games, books or clothes for kids, just call me. I've got it, with plenty to spare.

Wow, we have finally made it to my TOP 5 WORST HABITS!! As you wait for the last installment of this horrifying reveal, try your hand at being a "Make-Kids-Work-All-Day MOM!"
I promise, you'll like it. And then go read a book in the bath, while your minions clean the house!

6 comments:

Cherie said...

I have to wear ear plugs every night! My hubby snores very loud. Our neighbors can hear him sometimes. I feel for your family.

Grandma Duffy said...

Dang it I snore, too. I wake myself up snoring....ear plugs won't help me. I wouldn't go to girls camp because I am so sensitive to my snoring. I did stay one night and a lady in the other tent told me she heard me. My tent mates were very nice and didn't say a thing.

Amber said...

Your funny! I love reading your blog because you make me laugh! I know all about book-ahngovers...in fact I didn't read on purpose last night...if I had I wouldn't be able to function today with all of the appointments we have. Miss you but hope your having fun! I can't wait to walk when you get back!

Kristi said...

I love it. You seem to know yourself very well. I think I am still in denial about many of my weaknesses. I can't wait to read about the TOP five.
I would love to tap into the "Make-Kids-Work-All-Day Mom" thing. It sound wonderful. There is nothing wrong with being a "mean" mom.

Andrea said...

OK, you have a few quirky traits, but your top five better have more dirt. I know you are wonderful, but if snoring makes your top ten, I think you are holding out on us (but I never have heard you snore so maybe I am wrong). Where is the "I pick my nose when no one is looking" or "I get really bad gas when I eat 'insert food here'". Just teasing, I love you and think you are pretty dang close to perfect. I am suprised you could come up with 20 things at all.

Krystal said...

I wonder if you snore as bad as Uncle Ronni? haha. I have to agree with Andrea though, that I'm surprised that you have 20 horrible habits. Although, some of the "mean mom" habits don't really count. It's a good thing to teach children how to work, and to monitor their media choices, etc. You are a wonderful woman and mom that I really admire. Not to mention, you have a great sense of humor and make me smile every day with your cute blog! :)