Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Our short-lived pet, HOPPY!!

I found this cute little frog on my cabinets yesterday. Apparently, the joys of "country life" include frogs in the kitchen! Immediately, the older kids ran to wake up Benny, and help him tame his new pet.

The kids confiscated an old cookie jar and put the frog inside (not the best home, with no air holes!) Then, they all went to school, leaving me, Benny and HOPPY.

Ben and I took off to do errands and brought the frog/cookie jar along. Ben just didn't want to leave HOPPY behind . . . frogs get lonely, you know. First, we lugged the HOPSTER over to show Ben's cousin, Mary. I think Mary's mommy was a little freaked out!

Then, we took OL' HOPPY downtown. Nothing was open at 9am, so we walked around our little town collecting different leaves to give THE HOPPINATOR, as a snack! Then, we lugged the jar to the post office, the scrapbook store and the library. Ben really did look cute holding his awkward glass jar. He really wanted to "make a cage" out of his fingers and hold HOPPY, but I reminded him that THE HOPMEISTER had pooped on Josh. Josh dropped him and Ben wasn't willing to take the chance!

On the ride home, Ben said, "Mom, I really wish HOPPY could jump inside your laptop and play around on WEBKINZ. He would really like the trampoline and food I have in my house (online)."

We came home and made HOPPA-LAMMA-DING-DONG a little swimming pool and then waited for the big kids to get home from school. They arrived, bringing their cousins, SpideyHulkMr.Incredible and Rachel's Bosom BFF. Spidey and Ben let HOPPY go. Ben was worried that his froggy mother might miss him.

I sure am glad the dog didn't eat HOPPY. At least, not in front of the kids!

4 comments:

Amber said...

That's hilarious.....the joys of raising boys. I know Heidi's twins collect bugs and lizards and such...I think it's gross! I guess I better get used to it!

Krystal said...

How cute that Ben carried his frog all over town...and I love all your froggy nicknames for his little pet. :)

Kristy Swenson said...

How fun for Benny to have a little pet! I'm thinking that finding a frog is better than a lizard, snake, or spider!!

Andrea said...

I love frogs, they are so cute (when they are small). I am glad that Benny had a little green friend for a while.