Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Josh's Birthday Party


Josh had a great 10th party. He planned it all himself, even writing and delivering all the invites while I was in Italy. In fact, when I returned on a Monday, he informed me that his party was that Wednesday. So I took him shopping for favors and he planned all the games (mostly Sardine Tag) himself. It was great.

In case you didn't already know, Josh already does most of the cooking for me, as well as other household chores. I think I will have him plan and execute all my other kids Birthday Parties from now on. He's a great party planner and all-around wonderful boy! Thanks Josh, for making my life easy, even when you spring a party 2 days out on me!

7 comments:

Grandma Duffy said...

Can I borrow Josh? I don't like planning supper either. He is a jewel!

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: that boy is going to make one super-man of an Eternal Companion for some LUCKY girl! And what are the chances that that girl might be one of mine?

Jennie said...

That's my kind of birthday! He sounds like such a great kid. What's that board that you have in the backgroud on the last picture? The one with your kids' names on it? It looks cool. How did you do it and what is it used for?

Autumn said...

Boy, how do I train my boys to be like that? I already started Nathan on chores and helping me cook, but he's totally in it for the money (chores) and only wants to cook "yummy" things. What a great kid!

Kristy Swenson said...

Josh is looking older!! Wow a cook and a party planner?!? Awesome! I hope Josh had a great party! I remember my 10th birthday party. I had a sleepover with my friends at the Idiart's house. We watched the movie, "Clue"!!

Andrea said...

I will let my kids spring parties on me if they will plan them! And what in the heck is sardine tag? It sounds like they had a lot of (crazy) fun.

Krystal said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Josh. It looks like he did a great job of planning his own party!