Friday, November 21, 2008

CREATE A LINK 101

I forgot that I promised to teach those of you that don't already know . . . how to create a link.

Today, I'm in St. George having my family photos taken by THIS photographer. Bethi is a good friend of our family and recently took my sis-in-law Becca's bridals and engagement photos. If you go to her site, you can see a preview of the wedding pics (even though the actual wedding is tomorrow!!!)

OK, so now I'm going to show you how to send someone to a site on the Internet . . . Hmmm, like my favorite chocolate store (Click HERE).

First: Type the word(s) you want to use to "send" someone to another site. I like to write "Click HERE" so it's very obvious. Let's call these your MAGIC WORDS, OK?

Second: Open a new window with the site you want to send your readers to.

Third: Highlight the address in your new window and hit "copy" with your right mouse button.

Fourth: Go back to your blog page and highlight your MAGIC WORDS. Select the weird little symbol on the top of your page that looks like a paper clip with a green circle. At least, on BLOGGER, that's what it looks like. It's right next to the color choice button. When a window pops open, click "Paste" and put your copied address in the URL box. Click "OK" and Voila, it's DONE!!

You can also just send people to an individual photo like THIS ONE, by opening the photo you want to show off and copy the address of the photo. I know you all wanted to see that photo of me flexing my muscles back in '92 again, didn't you?!

You can send people to specific posts in a blog, as long as you click on the title of the post you want and copy that particular address. Like THIS POST my friend Annie wrote about bras. I really can identify with this post, I read it often.

6 comments:

jen said...

a few days ago I learned how to create a link on my posts, but it sure wasn't as easy as your way, I will definitely use this information. Thanks

allison nadauld said...

Thanks for the help. I love the engagement/bridal pics. I can't wait to see how your family ones turn out. Seriously, how did you know that I was thinking that in the basque baby picture. You must be a mind reader. Miss you and glad you're alive.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bridal shots! I love the frosty edges on the first one, and the sepia tones and the bride peeking through her bouquet. Very provocative, actually. I'll have to remember that technique...

Christine said...

hey you we really missed you last night...but jen and kari were grateful for your shirts...we of course got pictures but kari took them all and I'm waiting for her to send those on over!

Andrea said...

I don't know what I will link to (your blog??) but I am going to link by golly!! And I loved your friends boob post, very funny stuff!

Krystal said...

Linking is lots of fun. And Annie's post about bras is funny. Did you read her post about weaning her baby? I might have to link to it from my blog...I'm trying to wean Rachel, and it is so much harder than I thought it would be.