Saturday, November 15, 2008

Elder Goold is 21!!

My little brother Daniel is turning 21 today. He's in Panama finishing his 2 year mission for my church. When I was 15, my little Daniel was almost 2. Here I am in my stretch jeans and ankle friendship bracelet feeding Dan wild blueberries on a family camping trip.

Where is the rest of my family? I'm guessing they went on a 4-Wheeler Ride and I stayed behind to babysit (Oh, and my mom stayed behind to take my photo, ha, ha!). You can see I'm still recovering from my last 4-Wheeler Ride (notice the walking cast.) I had that stupid cast on for about 8 months, after driving off the cliff!


This photo shows Daniel learning to pray. He's not much older than 2, but was definitely every one's little sweetheart. Notice how everyone is so fervent in their desires for him to "fold his hands." Check out Daniel's Pound Purry Kitty and footy pajamas, I just loved this little guy, he was so adorable.

Daniel is about 4 years old, on a trip to Hawaii with my parents, in this shot. He looks so cute, like a future missionary. Did I tell you how proud I am of him? He's such an honorable young man and I can't wait to see what blessings the Lord has in store for him. For photos of Daniel as a missionary, click HERE


Check out Daniel's big toe poking through his PJs. I imagine his 3 older brother wore these PJs and maybe even his 2 sisters before they were handed down to Daniel. That is why my parents were able to loose so much money in the stock market last month. They are frugal.

I wish I could hug Daniel right now, but I only have to wait 6 more weeks!! I miss and love you, Brother! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Kari said...

If you don't look too closely in the first photo, you could pass it off as you with Benny!! You haven't changed much, you still look fabulous.

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday to Daniel! He was a cute little kid...I love the praying picture. It was fun to see him as a missionary while we were in Panama this summer. That's pretty exciting that he will be home soon!!

Anonymous said...

Amazing family resemblance! I thought that first picture WAS of you and your son! Wow!

And I couldn't seem to hook up to the Elder Dan pictures. Which is no surprise because my browser doesn't like me much today. Anyway, happy, happy day for Elder Dan!

Unknown said...

Your arms look way buff in the last picture.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday Daniel! Those are some cute pictures. I really like the first two.

Unknown said...

I sent you an email to sarahidiart@msn.com is that a correct email for you? I think I got it off of Facebook a while back?!

I remember you in that brace-when are you going to blog about that story?! all I pretty much heard was you and Emily were chasing around the cute missionary boys on the 4-wheelers...lol

Thanks again for all your comments on my blog, I tried to be fancy and change a text color and got it all messed up!! Its lots of fun!

lish and toby said...

I say it every time you dedicate a post to someone else. You are wonderful! And thanks for always taking the time to comment on my blog..you are wonderful! andI'll miss you tomorrow night at the premiere!