Monday, December 1, 2008

Happiest Place: Second Day (AM)

Even though the forecast said it would rain, we arrived at Disneyland and it was really sunny and nice! We were prepared with sweatshirts though, just in case!

We arrived an hour earlier than most with our magical morning pass and hit Fantasyland to avoid the crowds. Dumbo was a thrill, but made Benny A LITTLE nervous! He laughed it off with a terrified little face, though!

Big Dumbo and Little Dumbo, sailing through the skies (Sorry Eric, I just had to!)

One of my favorite rides ever is the carousel. I don't know why everyone else thinks it's boring!!??

Ben enjoyed whipping his horse, until the ride operator asked him to stop. OOPS!

What a sweetheart, this girl loves the carousel as much as I do!

Too, too cute!

Ever the Drama King, Eric tried to pull out Excalibur. I know they "release" the sword occasionally and wished it would have been to Eric. He would have loved that. And then, probably would have hurt someone. So maybe not.

The kids really loved all the little rides, Katrina liked the Snow White ride best, Rachel liked Peter Pan and Ben liked the StoryBook Boat ride.

Ben had been DYING to go through the whale's mouth on the Storybook Boat Ride and he enjoyed all the little villages and scenes presented, more than anyone. I enjoyed resting my feet for awhile and Damian enjoyed trying to figure out what our "Tour Guide" with her heavy accent was saying. No luck there.

Rachel waited in line for one hour to meet 3 princesses: Snow White, Cinderella and Mulan. I posted the photo with Mulan for my niece Mary. For some reason, she and Benny really like that movie. I can't figure it out, I think it's the worst Disney Movie ever made.

Rachel is such a princess and posed next to a beautiful garland for me. She is a doll and enjoyed all things Princess at the Princess Faire best of all. She chose a crown for her Disneyland gift and Ben chose a sword/shield (which he later wished he could trade for a double edged light sabre!)

Josh and Eric went off all morning to ride the big rides. They also bought themselves some cool hats. Emma and Hillary also took off for the big rides. We met up at Snow White's Wishing Well.
Everyone made a wish and we moved on.
Later that night, Ben was gathering up the pennies on his Dad's nightstand to use at the wishing well the next day. He said, "Mom, are wishing wells REAL?" I said, "Yes!" He said, "So if I make a wish it will come true?" I again replied, "Yes!" He busted out, "THEN HOW COME I CAN'T FLY?!"
Apparently, he wished for flight at the well, while I was taking photos. I told him it didn't work because he didn't use a penny and his Dad piped in, "You can't tell your wish or it won't come true!"
Josh as Goofy

Eric as Jack Sparrow. Eric wore his jeans over his PJ bottoms for warmth. The kids went on the Grizzly River Run, got drenched and stripped off their outer layers. Luckily, Eric had two!

Our last ride before lunch was the Nemo Submarine Ride. Ben enjoyed going down into the sub!

Katrina coudn't be cuter, could she? She liked this ride too. Damian and I both took a little snooze.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHEESH! All that was BEFORE lunch??!! And what is the matter with you that you don't like Mulan?! It's all about Female Emancipation! Girls can do anything Boys can do, and all that! I thought you of all people would be Mulan's staunchest fan!

I'm glad you're all having a good time, though. The closest thing to Disneyland for me is a pair of Mickey ears the Eberts brought back for me a few years ago. They had "Suzy Q" embroidered on the side and everything. Someday I might actually get to wear them.

Kari said...

I can't believe you take your babysitter on your vacations. It must be nice to be her.

Steph said...

So much FUN!!!!

Christine said...

so what did Mulan ever do to you? Seriously...I love that movie and thanks go Mary it has become one of Marcus' new favs aswell...come on...have you heard the increidlbe Donny Osmond songs on there? "Lets get down to Business...mister I'll make a man out of you!" So your little bro is a crack-up...i think he likes the camera...his hair is way short now...well benny is so cute with his peter pan wishing wells...glad you're back home even though i haven't really seen you...lets make a twilight date...I;m always up for one more...and i'm sure Kari is too...actually is it playing in white city yet cuase i reallydon't want to fork over another 8 bucks!

Krystal said...

It looks like you guys had tons of fun at Disneyland. It makes me want to go too!!

Andrea said...

I like Mulan (not my favorite, but good). I just really am bugged by Pocahontas... But I guess that could be from when Olivia watched it once a day for 2 months! Anyway, it sure looks like fun there!

Beka said...

I love Disneyland!