Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happiest Place: First Day (PM)

After lunch on our first day at Disneyland, our good friends from So Cal met up with us. Kate and Jim Watkins and Baby B. This was our first time meeting their little man and we all ate him up. B is an adorable, happy little guy and we all miss him already!

We wanted to hit some of the larger roller coaster rides after lunch and tried Space Mountain first. When we went to Disneyland 3 years ago, this ride made Emma and Josh cry, but Rachel loved it (she was 5!) This time, no one cried, I was very proud!

Here is our group waiting for the Daddies to ride on Space Mountain (they watched the babies on the first trip!)

"Honey I Shrunk the Audience" was a real thrill for Ben, who had never seen a 4-D movie before.

Chillin' with my Disney homies, Hillary (our babysitter) and Emma (our ALMOST teen-ager!)

Katrina was getting tired from walking, so she rode in the stroller and Benny rode on Daddy's shoulders! We headed to California Adventure for some NEW EXCITEMENT (Damian, Eric, Ben and Katrina had never been to this park)

Next, we tried out the BIGGEST roller coaster at Disneyland: California Screamin'. Emma and Josh were a little terrified at first, but really ended up loving it! They talked Rachel into going on it, afterwards!

Overall, with DREAM FAST PASSES and Stroller Passes, the 3 oldest kids rode this ride between 3-5 times! I think our next trip will be to Universal Studios for the REALLY BIG RIDES!

While all the "older" kids were riding, Kate watched the "littles." She and Hillary really were great sports about stickin' around with those to short to ride the big rides. What good friends they are, THANKS GIRLS!

OH, here's another shot of our GROUP OF NINE, waiting for the Bugs Life 4-D movie. Too cute, with all our glasses on, ready to go! Especially Damian, who was trying to look more buggish than the rest of us. What a goof-ball!

My Katrina RARELY allows photographs of her cute mug. When she IS amiable to photography, she poses SOOO Cute!

More Cutie-Bugs!

The Bug's Life area is very imaginative. The whole area is made to look like you are as small as a bug. It is really for toddlers, but one of my favorite places in the park, because of it's cool effects. Everyone wanted to ride in a Chinese Take-Out box!

Ben and Daddy on Bug's Life Bumper Cars!


This ride squirts perfume on you, so as you travel through the watermellon rind and cookie box, with your caterpillar tour guide, you can smell the watermellon and cookies! Very cool. I talked the kids into riding 3x, but then then told me it was the most boring ride in Disneyland. Oh well, someday I'll bring my little grandkids here and we'll ride this ride all day.

At the end of the day, after the big kids had ridden the TOWER OF TERROR with their Dad (and I babysat the littles) we found one of our favorites: WALL E.

You might notice everyone's clothes are soaked! We made a really smart choice to go on the Grizzly River Run as our last stop of the day at 8:30pm! We drove home shivering and REALLY ready to climb into dry PJs and go to bed!

SEE YOU TOMORROW, for Day #2!!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast! We took the kids to D-land in October and they're still talking about it! I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Jennie said...

I'm with you on the bugs life thing. That looked fun.

Larsen's said...

How fun! I love that place, and want to see more!

Clark and Kaycee said...

It looks like a blast! Have fun.

Krystal said...

Wow! I haven't been to Disneyland since I was a little kid...They have all kinds of new things there now. How fun!!

Andrea said...

I think I would really love the Bug's Life area too! I love the Take-Out Box. What the heck is 4-D? I really don't understand it!!