Monday, December 22, 2008

One Month of Marital Bliss!!

I love this photo of my brother Michael and his wife, Becca! They are just leaving the St. George temple after having been sealed together for time and all eternity (one month ago, TODAY) and are THEY ARE EXULTANT!!

Rachel ran over to hug the bride and groom right away . . . she spent some time with them last summer and loves them both very much.

Becca is basically everyone's favorite in the family. All the grandkids ADORE her. When I asked my little nephew Matthew who he's going to Disneyland with this month he mentioned his parents and sister and BECCA. Then he remembered Grandma, and BECCA. And Grandpa, and BECCA. And Michael, and BECCA. And did he mention, BECCA?

My parents have 7 grandkids and they love getting pictures with ALL of them together!

I was 8 when Michael was born and I ADORED him. He had the cutest curly hair and the most fun personality . . . it's hard to believe he's married, but I'm loving the idea! And he really did pick the nicest girl.

Thank you Becca for saying, "YES!" to Michael. Our family needed you. I needed a new role model for Emma and a new friend.

Thank you Becca for loving my brother as you do!! Even though he's a little bit odd. No, I'm kidding . . . but he really is so much fun and silly!

Isn't this cake beautiful? I missed the cake cutting, I'm too much of a party pooper!

Becca made these cute initials for the Candy Bar. "M" for Michael and Major Stud.

The "B" is for Becca and Beautiful Bride . . .

Katrina really loved this Candy Bar idea, as did Ben. It was their second favorite part about the reception (seeing Becca was the first!)

Congrats to Becca and Mike, the newlyweds!! I love you both so much!

8 comments:

Autumn said...

Cute cute. I love that picture of you and your brother - it's always nice to actually get a picture of YOU in there!

Jennie said...

How fun. She seems like such a sweet girl.

Elaine Goold said...

We had so much fun in Disneyland with Becca because she LOVES Disneyland so much! Matthew kept talking about his friend, Becca. He is so adorable. He would say, "Grandma (or Grandpa, or Becca, or Michael) and then make a kiss in the air to tell us he loved us. Just our name and then a kiss. It is so cute. And Ariana loved the princesses! But only 1 small correction to your blog today: we have 8 grandkids!! 8!!! Don't forget Luca! Okay, Merry Christmas all you cute lovable Idiarts!!!

m+b said...

AAh, thanks Sarah!! You are too sweet!! It's nice to have so much attention! And I laugh because Mike is sometimes forgotten! We love you all so mucn and can't wait to see you again!! Maybe for Dan's homecoming?? And I can't believe it's already been a MONTH!! crazy!!

Christine said...

That cake is amazing! but did you seriously miss them cut it? You left early to your OWN brothers reception after driving 15 hours to get there!?! You kill me.

Christine said...

I'm sorry...why am I always so rude in your blog...I really love you but think its so funny since you checked out early at Allison's reception too! I'm pretty sure you stayed to all of our reception but now I'm not so sure...? Anyway...I love you really and sorry that my comments always come out sounding mean when really I just love giving you a hard time...and I still feel bad about my comment the other week on your christmas book. I think I'll go back and read it right now just becuase. I love you. Really.

Andrea said...

I was going to mention the 8 grandkids too! Beautiful pictures. We didn't stay for the cake either.

Krystal said...

I love that you posted more wedding pictures. I got to meet Becca at DisneyLand. She is very sweet, and Ari and Matthew really did LOVE her! She's a great aunt, I can tell. I hope to get to know her better as time goes on. :)