Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 Fireworks!

My sister-in-law, Christine really loves ALL holidays. Because of her enthusiasm, it is really fun to spend them ALL with her. As soon as the ball dropped, she ran and got pots and pans for herself and her hubby and danced around my backyard, banging them. The rest of us were content watching her antics.

Two lucky winners were chosen to light off the Roman Candles, to start "The 2009 Matt Vranes Fireworks Show." Wait, were these illegal fireworks? Will I be in trouble for mentioning your name, Matt? I'll take full responsibility for them, since it was my backyard.

Matt's proud wife, Jen looks on, as he lights up the night.

The couple to the right recently moved here from Nebraska. Little did they know the madness that would surround them, with their New-Found Friends. Actually, maybe they fit in just fine . . . Scott in his "Rouge Manor Golfing Team" pants and Cali in her "Alien Love Child" costume.
Another recent move-in to our Ward (Congregation). Matt and Autumn seem well adjusted to the Idiart/Vranes/Holley Excitement!

Oh, here's Christine again. She's still on a "Holiday High." She did cute cheerleader moves during the fireworks display, to welcome the new year.

Christine can hardly contain her excitement at all the pretty lights! Her hubby, Jared had to hold her still so she didn't burst!

Hurry Jared, take her home! Her giddyness might be contagious! Happy New Year everyone!

8 comments:

Cindy and Robert said...

Ok I am seriously laughing so hard right now!!!! Christine is CRAZY and I am bound and determined to make her my new BFF!!!I need that kind of fun in my life It looks like such a great time, so bummed I missed it.

Kristi said...

So who spiked Christine's beverage? I wonder what she would be like under the influence of anything more than holiday spirit. It looks like everyone had a gitty ol' time. Who babysat for all of these happy couples? I told Spence he should have ran a night-time day care since he did not participate in any of these festivities. He just sat at home by himself. Poor Spence.

Christine said...

OH my...who is that freakish looking white girl in all those pictures...how embarrasing...some one needs to tell her to get a life...and a TAN!

Love the one of Jen and Theron folding thier arms in a moment of silence for the new year. Great shots but I'm still mad that you would not let me take any pictures of you!?!

Callie said...

Christine looks SOO HAPPY! I love it! The look on her face in all of these photos is priceless! I think Scott and I feel right at home here- it's nice to be around people who like to have fun like we do. That was a fantastic night!

Jennie said...

Is that behavior appropriate for a congresswoman?

Autumn said...

Whatever was in Christines drink, add some of that to mine next year! She is too cute. Thanks for a blog that made me smile, capturing those fun moments and for having the oh so wonderful hosting house.

Anonymous said...

SOOO much more fun than we had. All I did was sit around and eat chocolate! (But only after midnight, I promise!)

Krystal said...

Happy New Year!! How fun and exciting to bring in the new year with a BANG! (Literally!)