Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Sista' Nicole

This photo was taken in '96. I was newly married and a few months pregnant with Emma. My sister Briana (long curly hair) was 18 and living in SLC. Her best friend Nicole, from our hometown of Valdez, Alaska came to visit and I set her up with all the young men I knew. Next to Nicole is my brother-in-law, Jared and his friend, Tyler. I think I set Nicole up with one or both of them. Maybe I set Briana up with them, too??!!

And apparently I DID go to a BYU Football game. Here's the proof. I'd forgotten about it. I love you Nicole! Thanks for sharing this photo with me on Facebook! Nicole wrote a post about me and my babysitting glory. Click HERE to read it. I must say, babysitting her and her sibs was the best gig of my 10 year old life. My mom only paid me .10 per kid/hour. I think Nicole's mom paid me about $2 an hour, so I was making BANK!!

8 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

What a trio of beautiful women! Cute photo!

utmommy said...

How fun!

Andrea said...

Hi Nicole! This is Andrea from Valdez. That post on the babysitting box was great. We always loved the babysitting box too. I always had plans to make one when I got older and be a cool sitter like Sarah, but I didn't and I wasn't.

Autumn said...

I love all the recent pictures on your blog - they actually have YOU in them! Well, you and that stunt double. I really love seeing everyone's 80s twin - gotta love those awkward years! I busted a gut on your pics from visiting your fam - I love seeing you rock out on Rock Band! Rock on Sarah!

Annette said...

It was fun seeing all the Idiarts in the BYU Magazine watching a football game. Love your blog!

Nicole said...

Sarah Chanel~I must say its my new fav!

Krystal said...

10 cents per kid/hour...Good thing you had a lot of siblings to babysit! :) But still that's only 60 cents an hour, IF you watched all of them at the same time.

Ambyr said...

What a surprise to read your blog and see my man's face in the background of a picture! I love this. I'll be sure to have Tyler take a look for himself. xoxo