Monday, January 19, 2009

Service ~ Week 3

"There is no greater blessing, no greater joy and happiness than comes to us from relieving the distress of others."~President J. Reuben Clark

Sarah: This week I had Marcus/Elise and my friend Kari Holley's 2 littlest children over while their moms went to a daytime session at the temple. I really hope to make that new Thursday morning session part of my life. . . either I'll go or I'll tend kids so the moms can go.

Emma: I made Nina's bed (put new sheets/blankets on) and folded a lot of laundry this week (while watching American Idol). I got up early this morning and typed Josh's primary talk for him, too! (Daddy hand wrote it for him the night before!)

Josh: Ben waited to eat lunch with me this week. He really likes "hanging out" with my friends and I. I took him out to recess with us and we had fun until the recess lady told me to take him back to my mom because we were playing soccer too rough and she thought Ben would get hurt. On Friday night, Ben and I went to a party for Adam Desimone (Joanna Souza's brother) and then Drake and Tony slept over at our house. Ben really liked hanging out with the big boys, playing video games and doing fun stuff. He's pretty cute and we like to have him around.

Rachel: I made Aunt Tiffany service coupons for Christmas. Yesterday she used two of them! Eliza and I cleaned the upstairs bathroom. The most fun part was mopping the floor. Eliza squeezed a sponge all over the floor and then there was so much, Uncle Justin said to go get the mop! We also made dinner and set the table. Then, my family came over and ate. The grown-ups ate salad. The salad recipe was green & purple lettuce, spinach, almonds, grapes and cheese that smelled like baby barf (feta cheese). The kids had watermellon and noodles with butter.

Katrina: Aunt Christine and Uncle Jared went to the movies and me, Rachel and Emma babysat Marcus and Elise. I played with Elise half of the time and Marcus half of the time. Then I had a sleep-over in Marcus's room. When I woke up my big sisters weren't there. Aunt Christine made me breakfast and I stayed and played with her kids until lunch time. She told my mom that I was a good helper and she got a lot done.

Ben: When it is really cold in my house I turn on the fireplace. First I push a chair over so I can reach the remote. Then I push the button and warm up the house. Then mom says, "It's too hot in here!" And I turn the button off.

No comments: