Monday, February 9, 2009

Service ~ Week 6

Mosiah 2:17 ~ And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God.

Damian:
Sarah was asked to speak on Marriage in church this week, so I pulled a bunch of sources for her, to make her life easier. She did a great job, of course . . . using personal facts about me and our marriage to make the congregation laugh!

Sarah: I finally did my visiting teaching, with a home visit and a message to my 3 active sisters. I haven’t done that since my partner moved last spring!! I was assigned a new partner this month and she made all the appointments, so that’s been a blessing for me. I hated making appointments. We haven’t visited our less-active sister, but hope to do that soon.

Emma: I helped at Achievement Days this week. We frosted cookies for the local homeless shelter and all the younger girls needed help with that. I also babysat for Aunt Christine so she could go to the temple.

Joshua: I am the Assistant Basketball Coach for Eliza and Rachel’s team. I take half the little girls on one side of the court and dad takes the other half and we do warm-ups. I run other drills with the girls on the team, too. Uncle Justin is the real Assistant Coach, but he’s only here on the weekends, so I guess I’m filling in for him.

Rachel: Mom moved the trampoline to a NOT shady spot in the backyard. We brought out new library books and had a fruit platter. WE had a homework and reading party. Mom read us some books, but she got cold and went inside before us. Ben just tried to jump while we were working, so mom took him inside, too. I helped Katrina with her work and we had fun together.

Katrina: This week I made a new friend. Her name is MaKenna. She is really nice. And she is friends with My friend Emily. She is friends with My friend Grace, too.

Benjamin: I work the remote control for the fireplace. When I wake up, if the house is cold, I turn the remote on. I just push a button and it goes on. It’s easy. Sometimes Daddy wants me to turn it on and I can do it all by myself. I taught Grandma Suzanne how to work her remote. It's the same as ours.

11 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Damian does not sound too happy about being laughed at in church by the entire congregation! You sure got your Dad's and my weird sense of humor - we both do that to each other. Does Damian ever do it to you?

Elaine Goold said...

Damian does not sound too happy about being laughed at in church by the entire congregation! You sure got your Dad's and my weird sense of humor - we both do that to each other. Does Damian ever do it to you?

Elaine Goold said...

Damian does not sound too happy about being laughed at in church by the entire congregation! You sure got your Dad's and my weird sense of humor - we both do that to each other. Does Damian ever do it to you?

Elaine Goold said...

Damian does not sound too happy about being laughed at in church by the entire congregation! You sure got your Dad's and my weird sense of humor - we both do that to each other. Does Damian ever do it to you?

Elaine Goold said...

oops - I didn't mean to leave my comment 4 times. Can you erase 3 of them?

Anna Winn and Family said...

That is such a great idea!!!

Unknown said...

Are you going to post your talk? It sounded good.

Krystal said...

I really like your service journal idea...what an excellent way to teach your kids about service, too.

Callie said...

I loved your talk! Thanks for making it interesting enough for me to listen even while wrestling with Ava. It was fun, funny and very thought provoking. Thanks for being great! Did Damian give you Benny's invite?

Unknown said...

I love this idea!!

Leslie said...

I wish I could have been there for your talk! I am missing your regular blogging. :(