Friday, March 20, 2009

Justin's Birthday

Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law, Justin!! I think this pic was taken about 30 years ago, of 1 year-old Justin and his big 4 year-old brother, Damian! Don'tcha love those curls?

Here are the two cuties again. It looks like Justin was an extremely happy baby and the more I look at these photos, the more I see his children in his features. What a cute baby.

Here they are, a little older. Is it any wonder that Ben's eyes disappear when he smiles? He takes after his dad, for sure! Justin has some lovely curls in this shot. His mom might have even pulled them back with clips, can't quite tell?!

These two brothers love each other and for that, I'm grateful. I'm grateful that Justin and his family live so close to mine. That my kids adore his and want to be with each other 24/7. I'm so thankful Justin married Tiffany, whom I adore. She really is so great and I'm thankful for her everyday. Now one question. Did the Idiart boys have to have that hair blow dried? It kinda looks that way. They really have perfectly coiffed hair with lots of "movement" and heighth.

Happy Birthday to a cute boy who turned into a wonderful man that we all love.

These are Damian and Justin's paternal grandparents, or Amatchi and Aitatchi as we call them in Basque. Amatchi is still living. You can tell Aitatchi is Al's father, they look a lot alike, don't they? I think Damian looks a lot like his Amatchi, to be honest with you. Cute lady. Sweet little boy. Ugly little turtleneck paired with short little shorts, but it was the 80's.
Lastly, my all-time favorite picture of the brothers (Jared wasn't born yet!). They are so sweet!

8 comments:

Annette said...

I love the pictures. The one where Justin is looking up at his grandpa is very precious.

Elaine Goold said...

No Comments, Sarah?? That is so unlike you! Cute Photos!

Lance and Kim said...

SO cute! Happy Birthday Justin!

Leslie said...

I love all the pictures. The one on the big wheel is my favorite!

Krystal said...

Another sweet birthday tribute...I've written birthday tributes so far this year for Esther, Josh, KimberLee, and I'm working on one for Karl and my dad. I love this idea that I learned from you...thanks for letting me copycat! :) Cute baby pictures of Damian and his brother.

Cynthia said...

Such cute brothers! I can see their children in them both!! It is wonderful you have family close, we miss you here in Utah! Love you too, Aunt Cynthia

Natalie said...

I love those boys. In fact, I love all the Idiarts. You are all so awesome. I miss you.

Jennie said...

What cutie pies. I love that you have so many pictures of your hubby when he was little. I hardly have any. So...I gather from your blogs that Damian served his mission in Spain and that his heritage is Basque. Are his grandparents still in Spain? It's cool that you know the basque words for grandparents. All I know from my linguistics courses is that Basque has no roots in any other language. It's completely unique.