Monday, March 16, 2009

SERVICE BREAK

It's late Sunday Night and I hate to say it . . . I forgot to do the "Service" post with the family today. I mentioned this little error and Damian said, "I thought your service to the kids was to give them a break this week!" I guess he's not a big believer in the service posts.

So . . . this week I'm doing something different, but we'll do a double service entry during spring break, OK? So this is the deal:

The first 3 people to leave a comment on this post will receive, at some point during the year, a lunch date with me. Where and when will be up to my whimsy, but it'll be good! The catch is that you must participate as well. Before you leave your comment, write up a pay it forward post on your blog to keep the fun going (or be lazy and copy and paste like I did). Then come back, let me know you're going to play and sit back and anticipate the arrival of your lunchdate!

Just so you know, I did this on Facebook and only one person really got it. So I hope you all get it. I think Bloggers are smarter than Facers!

7 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

I don't have a blog, so I guess I can't participate! Too bad - I'll take you to lunch when you're here instead - how about that? There is a great restaurant here called 25 Main Street. Or the Bear Claw next door. So good! My visiting teaching group goes out to breakfast or lunch once a month and we have tried both - delicious! Love you, Mom

Cherie said...

Hey there, I will be in town for Kyms wedding in a few weeks.

Cherie said...

I just wanted to get that on there before somone beat me to it. I would love to catch up with you. let me know.

Kari said...

I totally forgot to check your blog since you went private, but I will be better now, I promise.

suzy said...

Was I the facer that got it? Or are you saying I'm stupid? I'm a blogger and a facer now so what does that make me?

Krystal said...

So, do I still have a chance at this or not? I can't tell if your first 3 commenters did the pay it forward thing or not.

KristiCollins said...

WHAT? Here I lost my golden ticket for a lunchdate with Sarah and only because I stopped stalking your blog a few weeks ago. Tsk. Tsk. Shame on me. Maybe if the stars are aligned I'll still be one of the promised lucky 3. Oh...and I want to read the family mission statement AND want to hear more about this service post thing. Do tell, over lunch of course.