Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Daily Dribble

First, some sad news. We have canceled our trip to Mexico. We called a few bishops down there and the swine flu is a problem in the Cancun area . . . all the missionaries have been told to stay in their apartments and they've canceled church for 2 weeks. We don't want to bring it back to our families, etc.

Second, some OK news. Tiffany won 1st runner up in the Motherhood contest. I still think she deserved 1st place. I should have mentioned the fact that her babies were very sick after birth, but I didn't use that card. DANG IT! She won a nice prize though. Thanks for your votes, it made her feel good.

Third, some great news. Emma had her dress rehearsal tonight and she did GREAT! It was a funny play and I laughed the whole time. There were a lot of great actors and singers and I enjoyed the whole thing. I should have taken my camera tonight, darn it. I will try and get some tomorrow.

11 comments:

Kari said...

Response to your comment: WOW. Just wow.

And I'm sorry you're not going to Mexico...more reasons to feel sorry for you. :) Just go hang out in the other 4,000 square feet of your house and call it Mexico.

Elaine Goold said...

Yeah! Way to go Miss Emma!! I'm proud of you! Love Grandma

Leslie said...

You should try and change your plans and go to Hawaii!! That darn swine flu has wrecked a lot of peoples' plans.

Jennie said...

What a shame! You know, I'm a fan of the Dominican Republic....fabulous beaches...
Congrats Emma!

Lana said...

sorry you have to cancel...it's better than dying a flu death though

Andrea said...

I am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip :(
I think that Tiffany should have won too.
Emma is Awesome!! Take lots of pictures.

Grandma Duffy said...

too bad about your trip. Were you able to reschedule it later when it is safer?
Will be looking for Emma's article soon here!

Natalie said...

Congrats to E.
Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Can you go somewhere else instead.
I did vote for Tiffany. I think she should have won.
I love your blog and always read it.
By the way, this is your aunt Natalie who comments here.

utmommy said...

Stupid swine flu. Sorry you had to cancel your plans.

Tiff is a great mom!

Krystal said...

That's a bummer that you had to cancel your trip. Were you able to postpone it at all to go later? Another bummer that Tiffany didn't win. I loved what you wrote about her. It was very sweet, and she sounds like an amazing mom and person. Congrats to Emma on job well done!!

Cynthia said...

I am sad you had to cancel your trip. I got out our scrapbook of Cancun, and made notes to send you of our highlights. I hope you can go at a later date, when it is safe! ♥Aunt C