Friday, April 24, 2009

Eric and Emma

My littlest brother, Eric and my oldest daughter, Emma have brought me some very 'Exquisite Moments' during the last few weeks, because of their choices and decisions.

Eric has been preparing to serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints his whole life. He's really made it a priority and focus over the last year. I've seen marked growth in his maturity and spiritual stature. I am so very proud of him. He received his mission call to the LA, California Mission, Spanish Speaking. He'll leave July 29th. I'm so happy for him and he's so excited. I can't wait to spend a little time with him before he leaves for 2 years. Although we'll miss him, I know his service will bless the lives of others, including our family!


This is my FAVORITE all-time photo. I've been waiting for the perfect moment to "unveil" it on my blog. It's of Eric (about 7), Emma (about 6 months) Daniel (about 10) and me. I had bangs and no fat on my neck. I love this picture. Isn't Emma a little IMP in it?

Emma just turned 12. In our church, that's a huge milestone. You "graduate" from the Primary (our children's organization) to Young Women's (our girl's youth organization). Now, on Sunday's Emma associates with the 12-18 year old girls. She is SOOO happy. She's been waiting a long time to move up. Here is another cute shot of Eric, Emma and Daniel (my other baby brother!)

Last week, Emma was able to go to the Temple for the first time and I got to accompany her. She was so excited and enjoyed her service there so much. She came home very anxious to do genealogical research with her Grandpa and Uncle Justin (our family historians). She can't wait to do temple ordinances for her ancestors, the next time she visits the temple.

It was fun to be at the Temple with Emma. She was overwhelmed with joy and peace. She REALLY wanted me to sit near her, at all times and she'd snuggle on my shoulder or hold my hand. I loved it! She usually isn't very demonstrative and it was nice to feel so loved and needed! I am so proud of Emma. I'm proud that she's worthy to go to the House of the Lord, the sacred Holy Temple.

6 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Those cute photos bring back happy memories! Emma, I'm so happy you enjoyed the temple so much! And want to do genealogy! I used to love doing genealogy at the now-torn down genealogy library in SLC with my Grandma Powell when I was young!She had an extended carriage typewriter that would fit those long genealogy sheets 10x17" and she would let me type all the information onto those sheets. I loved it and loved learning about my Danish ancestors. Her maiden name was Nielsen and she was 100% Danish!

Kristi said...

Emma is wonderful! I love to talk to her. She is very fun. That girl has been 12 going on 20 for years if that even makes sense.
How neat that you were able to go to the temple with her.

Jennie said...

What a sweet experience. It must be so fun to share moments like that with your kids. I must say, those pictures of Eric are the way that I remember him. I was quite shocked to see more recent pictures of him and even more shocked to hear that he's received his mission call. My husband served in California (Santa Rosa). He really loved it and it changed his life.

Krystal said...

I'm so proud of Eric and Emma. That's so exciting that Eric received his mission call, and Emma was able to go to the temple for the first time. I'm sure she will love being in Young Women's too. The pictures are darling too that you posted.

P.S. Yes, I do get the email alerts when people comment. And I will be sure to check your blog tomorrow to vote. :)

Andrea said...

Emma is such a sweet spirit. What a neat experience. I didn't know Eric had gotten his mission call, that is exciting!

Unknown said...

I love that photo Sarah! All the photos we have of Jordan just went up in value...His will is perfect...even when we dont understand. xoxo, ~Tamara