Friday, November 6, 2009

Ben "Whips It!"

When my brother was visiting, we went to the opening night of Drew Barrymore's Directoral Debute: Whip It! I really liked it . . . although I wouldn't recommend it for teen girls . . . too much lying to the parents and making bad decisions, but overall, the message was fun and the action was great. I got all pumped to go to my local roller derby, but then, the theatre was packed with local roller derby girls. When I saw them in the light, I changed my mind.

The main stars of the movie Roller Derby Action were: Smashley Simpson, Babe Ruthless and Maggie Mayhem . . . now I just need a stage name for my own personal Roller Babe!

He's practicing for the big time . . . if he falls, he just bounces right back up!

He can get going pretty fast . . .

He skates in rain or shine, or menacing rain clouds . . .

He always wears his big brother Josh's ball cap, it makes him look cooler . . .

Uh Oh, he's goin' down!!
Give me some ideas for a good name for Ben, the Roller Derby Start (of my heart!)

6 comments:

Kari said...

Your kids wear way too much BYU clothing. :)

Elaine Goold said...

Wow, Ben! You are too cool!

(And those roller skates look awfully familiar - I think Daniel wore them, but maybe it was Jon and Paul and Michael and Dan and Eric!!!)

Lana said...

Ben the Bomber!

Brawny Big Ben

Bartholamew Ben

Beninator

Benster the Bad

Big, Bad, Benny-Bob

Jennie said...

I stopped checking your blog this summer because you hardly EVER posted anything! So I checked it today and there's a TON of stuff! Love it all. Whenever I see pictures of your parties, I want to move to Oregon and follow you around all day to meet all of the cool people you know. OH, and I just like plain old, "the Benster"

Andrea said...

I am not very creative I guess because I thought on this for a few days, and in the end came up with The Beninator... But someone else already thought of it.

Krystal said...

I don't know a good name, but he sure looks "cool" skating on the trampoline. :)