Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ben's 6th Birthday!

Ben really wanted to go to the "Family Fun Center" for his 6th Bday. It's sort of like Chuck-E-Cheese, without the scary, dirty looking rat character and the creepy auto matron figures "dancing" while you eat. Oh, also . . . our "Family" Fun Center is mostly full of juvenile delinquents and interesting middle-age, tatooed people on the Dance Dance Revolution Game. So I'm not sure which venue is better. But the kids LOVE it there and Ben had a great party.

I love that kids can entertain themselves here and I can sit and do church work on my blackberry, while I watch the door to make sure no scary-mini adults try to kidnap the kids. For a mere $1o per child, the kids were fed, entertained and won prizes, while I texted the YW.

I'm such a sucker for this kid! I love his cute face. He gives me this look when I'm trying to discipline him. . . and while stroking my cheek and saying in a patronizing voice, "Shhh Mommy, it's OK. Just relax, it's going to be OK."

We ate pizza, drank soda, played token games, collected prizes, played in the jungle gym structure, ate cake/ice cream, opened presents and had a BLAST!

Ben and I went earlier in the day to buy a cake for the party. I used to spend hours making fancy cakes, but for $8 we got a COOL motorcross cake and I had a lot more time to create exciting party bags for Ben's friends!

This year, the twins mom asked Ben what she should buy him. He said, "An ipod!" She laughed and laughed. I explained to him later that when people ask him what he'd like, as a gift, he's supposed to say something SMALLER. He looked at me like I was stupid and said, "THERE IS NOTHING SMALLER THAN AN iPOD!" I then explained, "Well, by smaller I mean, something CHEAPER!" Again, the stupid look, "Mom, How am I supposed to know how much things cost? I'm a kid!"

I'm pretty sure this was Ben's first big party with his buddies and he was so thrilled about all the presents (and never complained once about a lack of an ipod gift!) His friends were generous and he's been having a great time with all his LOOT! I didn't even buy him a gift this year and he hasn't seemed to notice. He's just a happy kid that enjoys whatever he's got (except, he still wants that ipod!) Thanks to all the fun boys that came to his party and made it a success!

3 comments:

Kristy Swenson said...

What a fun birthday party!! I like that picture of the kids. The colors go well together. I love Emma's hair...she is looking so mature!! :) Who took the pictures? You should post some more on your blog. :)

Jennie said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful kids! (I just caught up on your blog). So sweet. Jameson's already planning his 6th birthday...it's not until october. I love that you have a foreign exchange student. That must be so fun. I bet she's loving Oregon. BTW...I posted a few pictures of my clips on facebook. Search "Averie Paige accessories." It's totally under construction and it's mostly for opinions and constructive criticism at this point. I'm getting ready to do a major festival in October. I'm not sure there's anything that your big kids would like.

Callie said...

Thanks for letting Mia tag along at the party as the token girl. She had a fabulous time!