Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roller Coaster Junkies: Nina & Ari

Nina: hamming it up, as she rides "The Buccanneer" (You know the big boat ride that swings back and forth, dropping your stomach out each time?) She has such cute facial expressions!

She and Ariana were riding this so fearlessly and I was getting sicker and sicker. I convinced them that this ride was scarier than roller coasters and spent the next 30 min. talking them into trying a real roller coaster.

We played in a big ball room with the boys and the girls ATTACKED Grandma.

They would load this "gun" up with about 30 foam balls and shoot them at Grandma all at once. It was so much fun. But still, I kept nagging the girls about trying a roller coaster.

We went on the big swing machine and the girls showed me how brave they were, not even holding on . . . and finally . . .

They were so confident and sure they could handle a roller coaster, I took them right to "Goliath." In 2000, it was the fastest (85 mph) and longest closed-circuit roller coaster in the world. They were both tall enough, so I though they'd be fine. They had no idea what to expect as we couldn't see the actual coaster anytime we were in line. It was perfect. Afterwards, they terrified and thrilled that they did it and kept their eyes open!

They spent the rest of the day on these two Coasters. We rode "Gold Rush" 8 times. It's a very tame coaster and after "Goliath," the girls thought it was for babies. I convinced them to try raising their arms and after the 4th time they could raise them the whole time. THEN they thought the ride was fun. The last ride of the day was "Revolution." In 1976, it was the world's first roller coaster with an upside down loop. I didn't tell the girls about the loop de loop before hand and although they were freaked out, they road it 3 times until the park closed.

These are the girls on "Gold Rush," raising their arms. They had such fun together. Nina is almost 8 and Ariana is 6 and they're the same height. Ari asked me if she and Nina will be able to ride ALL the coasters the next time we go to a park together! She's a brave little thing! I can't wait, they're my favorite Roller Coaster Partners! I love Nina's manicured nails and ratty, rain drenched hair. Too cute!

2 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! What cute granddaughters I have - and so brave! I sure had fun at Magic Mountain with you! I'm sure you will love the zipline at Zion Ponderosa Ranch.

Kari said...

I grew up a few miles from Magic Mountain, and in the early 80's the Colussus was the huge hit, you were super cool if you rode it both forward and backward. My how times have changed, I'm old!! Glad you had a fun time. I would have peed my pants on anything scary, I better tough it up.