Wednesday, April 9, 2008

L'Heure Bleue

Damian and I went to Portland on a romantic get away a few months ago and we ate at a FABULOUS restaurant called BLUEHOUR. I'm salivating right now, thinking of that divine food. Apparently, French literature describes "The blue hour" as "any time of day of heightened emotion." I'll tell you what, eating food at that place definitely was an emotional experience. I wanted to drown myself in the cream sauce and run away with my dessert.


Another source describes "The blue hour" coming from a French expression which refers to the hour experienced between the hours of daylight and darkness. The time is considered special because of the quality of the light at this time of day. I think this picture describes it all, for those of you that can't get away to Portland.




This is the view from my back porch, during the blue hour. It only snowed a few days this winter and I captured this glorious moment. The air really was that color and I was glad Damian had us all up to read scriptures at 6:30am, so I didn't miss it! As I walked from my back to front yard, the light changed, enough sun had risen and the magical effect wasn't the same. I'll probably never be friendly with the blue hour, since I've vowed to never rise before 7am (now that we read at night, again!)


So here's the view from my front yard, about 5 minutes later:



3 comments:

The deVilleneuves said...

What a GREAT shot of the Table Rock! That's a keeper.

Lana said...

wow, I've never heard of blue hour, cool :)

utmommy said...

That is pretty cool. I've never heard of blue hour either. Great picture.