Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Miss My Vacation!

I made it home on Monday, smooched my kids and passed out their little gifts. Josh loves his rasta hat with dreds (they are long and you can't really see them in the photo) and shark tooth necklace. Emma is excited about her "Kate Spade" purse and sarong. The others like all their little trinkets and toys, although both little girls really wanted Emma's purse!

As much as I love being home with my kids and sleeping in my own bed, I do miss my alter-life on Vacation. I miss my friend, Jenny, whom I probably won't see for another 9 years. I miss being crazy and care-free with my sister-in-laws, who are my very best friends! We don't get to act to nuts when we have our 12 combined kids hanging around!


I miss how much fun Damian and I have, when we leave all our responsibilities behind, and how I may never look this dorky again. OK, my kids informed me that I ALWAYS look this dorky, and can they please borrow my cool froggie towel backpack!?


I miss cracking up with Damian's family at all our silly inside jokes, luckily, we can still do that everyday! We won't be able to laugh at Damian's self-application of sunscreen. Poor guy, his wife is too pathetic to help him put his sunscreen on! Now that I'm peeling, I don't miss my sunburn, either!



I forgot to mention one last cool thing that happened to us . . .when we went to church in Orlando, we happened to go to the ward/congregation that a local boy was serving in, on his mission. What a fun surprise! His meeting house is across the street from the Orlando LDS Temple (in the photo).

I'll miss a lot of things about our trip, but not the hot, muggy weather! Now, to start planning where we'll go next year!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love Josh and Emma's expressions in the top pic! They are sooo cool.