Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

My mom is the best mother anyone could have and I'm so thrilled Heavenly Father gave me to her! She is barely 20 in this photo and I'm 4 days old. Damian was born the day this photo was taken!

Mom was so busy growing me, delivering me, and loosing all that baby weight in 4 days, she didn't have time to cut my dad's hair for the photo. She's an incredible woman, but Dad, you've got to do some things for yourself, sometimes!!


OK, now I'm 6 months old and she still hasn't had time for Dad's hair/mustache. I sure kept her busy with my cuteness, didn't I? My mom is so adorable, I love this photo!

I posted this shot on Mother's Day, but it is my all-time favorite! Jonathan, Myself, Mom and Briana, picking wild poppies outside of Valdez, Alaska. My mom looks so peaceful. She's 10 years older in this photo and has 5 kids. She was such a sweet, nice, smart mom. She could run faster, color better and play piano/sing prettier than anyone else's mom, that I knew.

Happy Birthday Mom! This may be the 15th time you've turned 29, but people are still asking me if we're sisters, and WHICH ONE IS THE OLDEST, so I think you've aged well! xoxoxo

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Happy Bday Sarah's Mom!

Elaine Goold said...

Thank you, Sarah! Such sweet thoughts! It made my day! The first picture was taken on our 1st anniversary, Aug 29 1974 at the Manti Temple - so you are almost 2 months old. Does it say July 13, 1974 on the back of your photo? It shouldn't. So sorry - it wasn't taken on Damian's birthday! And I wouldn't have looked that good 4 days after you were born - believe me. Now people hardly take their new babies out in public for 6 weeks because they are so worried about that respiratory problem babies get. But I loved your sweet comments and I love you too!

Andrea said...

Happy Belated Birthday Aunt Elaine. You don't look a day past your 10th time turning 29. Love you!