Sunday, October 26, 2008

Texas Goodies

Damian's cousin Lana, from Texas, sent me a little package. It was an unexpected and fun surprise, THANKS LANA!!

First, it included some candied Pecans. I didn't picture them because I ate them ALL before I got my camera out of the bag. You can see all the other "treasures" Lana included in the package:

Texas "Rush Hour" postcard and Texas mints in a cute tin . . .

Armadillo Droppings (chocolate covered sunflower seeds)
My kids REALLY loved these!

And last, but not least, Longhorn earings and necklace. Lana recommended I wear these at my sister's wedding, but ALAS, the package arrived after I'd already left for Italy. Too Bad!

Thank you Lana for thinking of me. You are so generous and sweet. I know your secret motive was to convert me from ALASKA to TEXAS. I think I'm almost converted . . . just a few more armadillo droppings to go, OH WAIT, I just forgot:

5 comments:

Lana said...

your map made me laugh out loud!! Glad you liked package :)

Elaine Goold said...

You could send Lana some chocolate covered moose droppings, let's see...you could send chocolate covered dates or something else that is 2.4 times larger than sunflower seeds! What a fun surprise for you and your kids. Cousins are great, aren't they?

Andrea said...

Ok, I knew that Texas wanted to be like Alaska, but now they are sending out care packages to convert us? Where is mine?

suzy said...

How awesome to get a surprise package!! I need to start doing that.
Well, I love your pictures of Briana's wedding and I a, so jealous that she lives next to a castle. I would have to get used to the food, but I think it would be so awesome to live there.
I am YW secretary, so I only go to ward council once in awhile and it is probably the easiest calling. And Joey got that sweet golden necklace at a flea market in Boise. So next time you go to visit the grandparents, keep your eyes open.
Thanks for sharing your sister in laws blog too, I hope she didn't mind being linked and strangers reading it, I just thought it was so sweet and it really motivated me to be more fun and get more out of my day.
Also, longed comment ever, but we should really hang out sometime. I LOVE Oregon and we're going to come stay with you for a week. Just joking. We will have to come visit sometime though. We really do love Oregon and Joey went to WA on his mission so we go up there every once in awhile. We will watch your kids while you go on a date.

The deVilleneuves said...

ROFLOL!!! Good one. Wrong. But funny.