Friday, November 28, 2008

Happiest Place: First Day (AM)

We made it from St. George to Anaheim around 6pm on Sunday night. . . How much Luggage does a family of 9 need for 3 days at Disneyland?

I really love how serious Benny is with his backpack, asking his Daddy how soon he'd see Mickey!

We brought my youngest brother, Eric. He was a ton of fun to be with and kept us all laughing with his Nacho Libre impersonations. On the tram to Disneyland, it was a little cold and our St. George boy, Eric couldn't keep from showing his chill!!

Our first stop was Tarzan's Treehouse and all the rides in Adventureland.

I love this photo of the girls outside The Haunted Mansion in New Orleans Square!

And this one of them INSIDE The Haunted Mansion! This ended up being one of Katrina's favorite rides. She liked all the "Horror" rides. . . including Snow White!

We tried Pirates of the Caribean, but didn't love it . . . except the Johnny Depp "Pop-Ups!"

In Critter Country we tried Splash Mountain and thouroughly terrified Ben. He REALLY hated this ride.

I can't tell if Hillary liked this one or not . . .

Rachel loved it, getting soaking wet and enjoying every minute!

Then we went to Thunder Mountain . . . an old favorite!

Josh was still a little sick with his head cold, you can tell he's not 100%

These girls are quite the drama queens! I rode with Rachel and she is the MOST fun on Roller Coasters. She giggles the whole way and holds on so tight. I couldn't convince her to put her arms up!

These two weren't too interested until the last day in Roller Coasters, so they stayed to watch everyone else. At the end of Thunder Mountain we were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. Disney personnel were handing out DREAM FAST PASSES to all exiting the ride. You can see one around Josh's neck. It has a fast pass for every ride in both parks with NO time limit. We never stood in another line our whole trip that was longer than 15 min! It was a real blessing!

After meeting Woody, we went to Disneyland City Hall to get DREAM FAST PASSES for our whole party that wasn't on Thunder Mountain.

I love Roller Coasters, but spinning rides make me sick, so I photographed the teacups, insead of participating! This is the fam, waiting their turn in line!

My Cutie Boys, trying to break the speed of Light, spinning in their cup!

Some of our favorite characters . . . Pan and Wendy.

Our last stop before lunch was Mickey's ToonTown.

What a cute little button!!

The cutest "Dog" I've ever seen!

This might be the ONLY group shot of all 9 of us . . . with our friend, MICKEY MOUSE!

Josh took a moment to hug his best buddy in the world. He really loves Mickey.

On to Minnie Mouse's house, with my two cute girls. Check out Emma's DREAM PASS, all the little tabs are what you tear off to ride on the most popular rides with NO LINES. Usually the lines on those rides are about one hour each.

What a little TEENY-BOPPER! I love this photo!


The last photo before lunch, and probably the last one I'm in for the whole trip, so enjoy . . . ha, ha! Rachel really loved waiting in line to hug and meet all the characters and I loved chatting with her one on one as we waited! More Disneyland Tomorrow!

6 comments:

Elaine Goold said...

Oh FUN FUN FUN! I love all the photos. Will you download them to Shutterfly for me? Looks like you got a lot of my cute bald Eric. He got home this morning at 8:00 am. Poor kid - riding on that scarey bus all night. He said he wasn't scared because he is in his own little world. Isn't that the truth?! Thanks so much for taking him with you.

Andrea said...

What great pictures. Those Dream Fast Passes seem like the way to go! I love that first picture of all the luggage and the ones of all of the strong people in Toon Town.

Kristy Swenson said...

Awesome that you guys got Dream Fast Passes! Rob had a conference in Anaheim; he went to California Adventure. How long did you guys stay there for?

Lance and Kim said...

What a blast! Wish we were there!

Grandma Duffy said...

Great photos! Wish we were there! Looks like you had a great time!

Krystal said...

Dream Fast Passes really do sound like a dream...I'll have to remember that for my next trip to Disneyland. :) I loved ToonTown when I was little, and I remember being terrified on Splash Mountain and Thunder Mountain too. (But I can't remember exactly if it was Thunder Mountain or Space Mountain that I was afraid of.) Looks like lots of fun!!