Sunday, January 11, 2009

Service ~ Week 2

"I want to commend those of our people who give so willingly of their time in attending to the sacred work within the temples of the Lord. In temple work is found the very essence of selfless service. In my judgement, one of the miracles of our day is the great consecration of time and effort on the part of hundreds of thousands of busy people in behalf of the dead. Those who are engaged in this service know that out of it all comes a sweet and satifying feeling. This sweet blessing of the Spirit becomes literally a medicine to cure many of the ailments of our lives. From such experiences we come to realize that only when we serve others do we truly serve the Lord." ~President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sarah:
I was so fortunate to attend the temple with Daniel and my mom this week, in St. George. We missed the session by about 5 minutes, so we did sealings for awhile until the next session started. It was Daniel's first time doing sealings. What a beautiful sealing room, way up high in the temple, with a little round window. Another couple missed the session too and joined us. We had a great time and sealed about 75 children to their parents. The session was nice, also!

Emma: I gave my aunts some service coupons for Christmas. So far, only Aunt Tiffany has used them and she used 2 coupons for 4 hours of babysitting. Her kids are really easy and I like babysitting them. She was really grateful to me and that made me feel good.

Joshua: Dad is my basketball coach and he relies on me as his assistant. He'll call me to get things ready. We had a party for the team and I figured out name spellings by looking at my yearbook, for the trophies. I gathered paper products and other things we'd need for the party. I always get the balls ready and things like that. Maybe someday Dad and I can coach Ben's team together.

Benjamin: I helped my mom put all the chairs down for SMART reading. I do this all the time because I'm strong and Mom is too busy doing paperstuff. Next week I'm going to put stickers on all the new books for her. I like going to SMART because I'm Mom's helper.

No comments: