Friday, March 13, 2009

Life is like a box of Chocolates . . .

A while back A freaking long time ago, I held a contest with chocolates from my local chocolatier as the prize. I'm finally getting around to sending the grand prize to my friend Nicole. You can read about the contest and the entries HERE. You can read about the cardboard earring she mentioned in her prize winning entry and see some new photos of my bad boy middle school friend John that I put up for his wife HERE.

Nicole's been waiting patiently for 2 months for me to send her prize. I wanted to take a photo of the little beauties. Here is the lovely box:

Here are the chocolates. Nicole wanted anything with nuts so I picked these out for her:


2 Macadamia Nut Ginger Chew, 2 Hazelnut Chews, 2 Walnut Chews, a Maple Ginger Walnut, 2 Pecan Chews, a Pistachio Cup, a Lavender Fleur de Sel (this one has no nuts, but it's the chocolatier's signature chocolate) and a Peanut Butter.

Now Nicole, I sent these already and hopefully you already got them and enjoyed them. Something has been eating at me. I think I'll get it off my chest: See that chocolate, second from the left on the top row? While I was taking the photo, the wind blew the box over. Only one chocolate dropped on my front porch. That little ding mark on the bottom left corner was from my concrete. I blew it off, no harm done, right? I hope you're not sick and convulsing from contaminated chocolates as you read this. Please forgive me for photography on a windy day being an idiot Idiart. If you're upset, I'll make you some cardboard earrings to make up for it.

I bought myself some Valentine's Chocolate since my husband didn't. I thought I'd go for the sale items: Blood Orange Dreamsicle White Chocolate Hearts and Dark Chocolate Bing Cherry Truffle Hearts. I hope yours were better than mine, Nicole. I ate the whole 5 pack and hardly even liked it. I was having a lot of guilt about dropping a piece of yours on my front porch. Maybe that's why.

They look pretty on the outside but were yucky on the inside. That's like life. I might look gorgeous on the outside, but if you chewed on my arm, or even my pinkie finger, you would not like the way I taste. Life is like a box of chocolates, so they say.

4 comments:

allison nadauld said...

I'd think you'd be pretty tasty cuz you're so sweet.

Callie said...

Those chocolates are gorgeous! Where did you get those? But, are they really gross inside? If so, nevermind- I don't want the waste the calories on them!

Krystal said...

Were they really yucky, or were you just teasing? They look so delicious, and now after reading this post all I want is a yummy melt-in-your mouth chocolate treat. Too bad I have nothing to satisfy my craving. :)

Elaine Goold said...

I'm sorry your chocolates were gross inside. I hate that and it happens a lot. Dad bought me a box of chocolates for Valentines and he was so excited and I hated them. They were dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate and they were hard and chewey. Yuck. Ann Hinckley also bought me some chocolates after she and Scott took Dad hiking and biking for several weeks while they were here - the treats were to thank me for letting them borrow my husband - and (sorry Ann) they were horrible also. I didn't know there were so many chocolates I didn't like! Very disappointing.