Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A Midsummer's Night Dream STARRING . . . Emma!

Emma was in her Middle School's rendition of "A Midsummer's Night Dream" last weekend. She did great! She played a kitchen servant (a silent background roll). She was very expressive.

Then, she'd add wings to her ensemble and voila! She was a fairy. This was a singing, dancing and speaking part. She was a beautiful, graceful, earthy fairy. And she delivered her line with enthusiasm.

Here she is, with Titania, the queen of the fairies. She's hanging on her every word.

Now joins Oberon, the King of the Fairies . . . I have never seen a photo where Emma looks more like me than this one. Except I have wrinkles and gray hairs. But it's the same profile. Weird.


Here's Emma and the fairies pampering Titania and her new boyfriend/donkey, Bottom. I noticed Emma always made sure to get the best job . . . manicure to the queen, rather than pedicure to the donkey. She's a smart one, my girl.

Here's a close up of Emma and her fairy friend, Julie. Em, we are so proud of you, you did so great! We love you and hope to see you in many more plays.

14 comments:

Anna Winn and Family said...

Crazy - she really does have your profile! And yes... I'd LOVE to have Zoƫ take swimming lessons. That would be AWESOME!! Do you need me to clean your floors or something while you do it? You snap...I move. : )

Tiffany said...

she was the most beautiful fairy up there! Eliza and I loved watching her. It's hard to believe how she is all grown up.

Krystal said...

Congrats to Emma on her first play! That is so exciting! She looks so beautiful!! :) (Just like her Mom!)

Kari said...

Yes, I have a friend named Sarahn. At first you're like, say whaaaat? But then you get used to it, and it grows on you. Feel free to take the tag and do it! I expect juicy stuff.

Andrea said...

She is so beautiful! (And she looks 15, so watch out.)

suzy said...

She looks at least 15...how old is she? Thank you so much for the dvd's. The kids love them and I love that they are 4 hours each of shows my kids aren't bored with. And I love that you put some old stuff on there too. I can sit with them for those ones and relax. You are awesome.

Mandy said...

Emma is so gorgeous and so grown-up! Have I told you how excited I am to see you in a couple weeks?!

Lana said...

Yeah Emma!

Elaine Goold said...

Oh Emma! I'm so proud of you! What a beautiful fairy/kitchen servant you were! I wish I could have attended your play! (And you got to wear MAKE-UP!!! Whoo hoo!)

Jaysonsmom said...

Congrats Emma. She sure is beutiful. Looks like you will have your hands full with her lol.

Larsen's said...

How cool is that? I wish our school had drama...well, it has drama, but not that kind, LOL! The costumes are awesome, and Emma is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to your thespian daughter! This looks like it turned out to be lots of fun... I'm sorry we missed it! Is she going to continue with drama in the future?

Grandma Duffy said...

Emma is such a cute girl!!!

Cynthia said...

Emma looks so beautiful! A future heart breaker for sure!! I like that she is active in 'Drama Preformances'. ♥Aunt Cynthia