Thursday, May 7, 2009

Miss Mary is 3!!

My sweet little niece, Mary turned 3 last week. I missed doing a special birthday tribute, but better late than never, right? I adore this girl. She is so fun. What a happy, sparkly little personality she has. Mary idolizes Katrina and the feeling is mutual for Katrina. Katrina would rather hang out with Mary than anyone else.

Mary had a cute PINK Hello Kitty party and I only heard one boy complain.

Benjamin.

I forgot to warn him that he needed to be polite about all the pink stuff. He refused to eat dinner on a pink plate. I don't think he played Hello Kitty Bingo either. He did like his Hello Kitty Party Bag, though.

Mary is a girl that enjoys the outdoors. She loves playing on her swing set and her new trampoline. She has a lot of energy and is so very smart. When we went to the beach house together last month, she and I spent one afternoon playing games. I played games with her a few days ago and she was still using the phrases I'd taught her at the beach. She is a good sport and helpful and kind to everyone. I LOVE teaching her swim lessons and gaining her trust during each summer. I am looking forward to that this year!

At Mary's party, I couldn't resist taking some shots of her brother, Noah and my Josh. Josh REALLY loves Noah and the feeling is mutual. Josh would like to move in with Mary and Noah. He dreams about being adopted by their parents (Allison and Aaron). He was supposed to stay with them when we went on our Mexico trip and he's very disappointed that he won't be able to.

It has been so fun to watch him adore these little guys so much. He is very gentle and loving with them, and will make a fine babysitter in 2 years. Which is probably about the time Mary might consider having another babysitter besides her Grandma.

Or not.

But we can hope.

There is another Love Affair blooming in our family. Rachel (notice the new braces!) and Elise (Jared and Christine's daughter) have bonded recently. They are so cute together. Rachel is hardly big enough to heft around this little cutie, but she does . . .

She just juts her hip out, swings Elise up and carries her everywhere. I'm so grateful that my kids are learning to be good mothers and daddies by caring for their little cousins. It is so fun to watch them act like little grown ups.

10 comments:

Lana said...

how nice that all the cousins get to grow up together! Happy Birthday Mary!

Jennie said...

How fun that they get to know each other so well! Hardly anyone in TN has family close by (at least the members. Most of us are utah transplants). What cute little Idiarts!

Andrea said...

Cute Cute Cute! I think I am going to steal the cake idea for Hailey's bday in July. Happy Birthday Mary!!

Leslie said...

Love Rachel's braces! You got some great puctures at the party. Love the birthday girls' eyes.

Krystal said...

Your kids are so cute and sweet with their little cousins. The cute little birthday girl, Mary, has such big beautiful eyes. Cute cake, too!

Brandan and Becky said...

Abe refuses to use anything pink, too. At least it cuts down on arguments with Helen, who insists on pink whenever possible.

Autumn said...

I think I need to borrow some cousins so my boys will get those sweet feelings for the little cousins! That is so cute the little cousin bonds, especially from a boy (Josh). Of course, I also need to borrow (or just hAVE) a girl so I can do the pink birthday parties too!

youreprettytoo said...

I think it is so wonderful that you guys are so close to so much family. You've got an early heaven up there in Oregon. When are you coming to Utah?

Elaine Goold said...

Rachel - cute braces! Do they hurt? I'm sorry (if they do) but you'll appreciate it and your mouth will feel GREAT when they come off in a few years. Such cute photos of all of you with your cousins.

Unknown said...

Sarah, finally caught up on your blog!! love the cousins growing up together...its always awesome seeing kids who care about the young ones...so cute!! Hiliarious interview w your hubby...lol