Monday, July 6, 2009

My Artist Son

Josh has created two new masterpieces this summer. And no, you don't get one, Mom. Sorry. I traded swim lessons for Josh's art lessons. So I get the paintings. I've been teaching Jen Vranes' 4 kids to swim for 90 min. each day for two weeks.

Anyway, isn't this painting BEAUTIFUL??!! I absolutely love it. It has a place of prominence in my entry way now.

Notice the depth of texture. Isn't it LOVELY?

These are the two 12" paintings he's made in the last two weeks. The one on the left is of a window on a brick wall, with vines growing up the side. The window has a flower box and red curtains. It's hanging in my bedroom!!

This is close up of the above mentioned window.

I blogged about Josh's first painting HERE.

I blogged about the rest of his paintings HERE.

9 comments:

Leslie said...

WOW- he is very talented! What a treasure to have in your home (both Josh and the art).

PS - You haven't blogged in sooo long...I've missed you. Time to catch up! :)

Natalie said...

Wow, he is soooooo talented. What amazing paintings and he is so young. Way to go Josh. I think that is just awesome.

Andrea said...

He is so talented! (Maybe you should let your mom have the next one. She did give you life after all.) We can't wait to see you guys again next week. Hailey is sitting next to me right now saying "I love Emma, she's my best friend. Emma with the blue shirt, I love her."

Jaysonsmom said...

What a wonderful artist he is. You have some amazing children. It was so fun to see you and your wonderful family.

Brandan and Becky said...

Have you thought about planting a field of poppies in front of your house? Looking at the paintings reminded me of your home which looks like it could be in Provence or Tuscany.

Krystal said...

He is very talented! It was fun to see you guys at the reunion, even though we didn't get to visit together enough! :)

Elaine Goold said...

Josh, beautiful paintings!! I took a lot of photos in Italy last month of red poppies and Nuraghes (ancient towers built by prehistoric people in Sardegna) and one day I want you to create a painting of the two in one scene for me! I guess I'll have to wait my turn though - your mom is so SELFISH!!! (just kidding)!

Elaine Goold said...

Oh yeah, Thanks Andrea for the plug about it is my turn for a painting since I did give that Sarah girl her very life!!! Very sweet of you!

Unknown said...

Sarah! what talent you have in your house!! its been FOREVER since I checked in on your blog!!! Bobby and I will be heading up to AK for a month in a few weeks...looking forward to seeing my family! ♥ you!