Monday, October 12, 2009

Primary Program

Today was the kid's Primary Program in Church. The Primary Program Sunday is when the whole first congregational hour is devoted to letting the children perform and speak about what they've learned all year. This year's church wide theme for the children was "My Family can be Together Forever." The speaking parts were cute and the songs were beautiful.

These are all the Idiart "men" that participated: Ashton, Josh, Marcus and Ben. It was Marcus's first year and he was the first speaker of the morning. He giggled at the mike and was so cute. I think he was very proud of himself. Ashton performed in all seriousness. Josh sang in a quartet. The other 3 performers sang soprano, so his tenor part stood out. I had no idea he had such a nice voice. I was very proud. He also wrote his own talk. He did great. Ben participated, but wouldn't look out at the audience. Cute. He sang sometimes and watched other kids/zoned out at other times. But he was reverent up in the choir seats, so I was glad.

Here are the Idiart Ladies that performed: Katrina, Annie, Rachel and Eliza. Emma is officially too old to be part of primary and she was so thrilled! All these girls did a great job with their parts. Eliza and Rachel gave talks they wrote. It was so fun.
This is Josh's talk:
I remember Jesus when I partake of the sacrament by reading scriptures about Jesus’ life.

Sometimes I read about his death, and sometimes I read about the atonement. Every time that there is sacrament, I read, Moroni 4:3, and Moroni 5:2. These scriptures are the sacrament prayers.

O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this bread to the souls of all those who partake of it; that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him, and keep his commandments which he hath given them, that they may always have his Spirit to be with them. Amen

The prayer for the water is almost exactly the same. Even though it says to sanctify this water to the souls of all those who drink of it.

I’d like to bare my testimony, that I know Jesus Christ did die for us. He did shed his blood for us, and gave us the sacrement, so that we can renew our baptizimal covonent.

And I say these things, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

This is Rachel's talk:
Family history and temple work bless all the generations of my family. Joseph Smith taught, "The greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead."
When I am 12 years I will go to the temple to be baptized for people who did not get a chance to listen to the missionaries and accept their own baptism. I know that I must live righteously now to be worthy of that important work. I hope that some of the people I will be baptized for will be members of my own family that have never heard the gospel.
Many years ago my mom went to the temple and performed the temple work of my great great grandmother Elizabet Etchart. My mom told me that when she was in the temple she felt the Holy Ghost, which was like a warm feeling that came over her, letting her know that the work she was doing was important. She felt very close to Elizabet and knew that she was accepting the baptism. My mom gave my younger sister Katrina Elizabet as her middle name in honor of that great woman.
I was able to go to the Oquirh Mountain Temple open house and see the beautiful baptismal font. It made me think of how fun it will be to go to the temple with all my friends and help other people. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Beautiful talks! All of the Idiart kids are getting soooo big!

Elaine Goold said...

I sure wish I could have been at your Primary Sacrament program! I feel sad that I've missed so much of all your lives and never get to see any of your sporting events, hear you sing in Programs, see your plays, etc. etc. I'm very proud of all of you and love you very much! You are all growing up so fast!

Kristi said...

Very cute. I missed all of the program. Fortunately, Spencer recorded the whole thing on video - yeah, not at all appropriate, but at least I get to see it now.